Announcing the upcoming HEAD-FI QUARTERLY!
Nov 7, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #106 of 189
Well i think it would be fine to publish cable reviews. I am not so sure that i believe in how much cables affect the actual sound we hear but i acknowledge it is a part of this hobby we all share. I think that any review should be taken with a grain of salt(i hope thats the right expression) by the reader.

But either way is fine with me lol

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #108 of 189
I just hope this will be a critical magazine. I am afraid that with all the sponsors taking out ad space, that this magazine might end up like Stereophile and the Absolute Sound. Have you ever wondered why almost every new iteration of a product in these magazines is much better than the product that came before it? If this were true, we would've reached, "the closest thing to live music", a long, long time ago.

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #110 of 189
Wow!
eek.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #111 of 189
zhow do I get it?

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #113 of 189
Way Cool ... Good for all of us .... Great Idea .... Go Man Go... Jude you have done it again... Thanks ... Good Luck ... I know you will do a bang up job...

Let me know if I can add something on Video Displays... Steven

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #114 of 189
Also looking forward to this, all the hi-fi magazines I see in UK shops either ignore headphones / headphone amps completely or do a basic review that highlights the appearance rather than what it actually sounds like.

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #116 of 189
I've been offline for a few months but I'm really excited to come back and find this.
How will the magazine be made available?

Thanks for doing this!

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #117 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by elcarajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been offline for a few months but I'm really excited to come back and find this.
How will the magazine be made available?

Thanks for doing this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
The HFQ will be available directly from Head-fi. Where exactly will the links be located? I'm not certain of that (Jude's the logistics man) but there will likely be a dedicated thread for the publication along with some prominent announcement and link for each issue somewhere on the main page.

Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back