Announcing the upcoming HEAD-FI QUARTERLY!
Oct 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #76 of 189
Such an awesome idea...thanks for putting it together!

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #78 of 189
popcorn.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #79 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would really like to include a DIY section in each issue. Perhaps PP or another member would be willing to write something up?

Sure, but only if what I contribute measures up and is worthy of publication.......there are many more learned members than I when it comes to the technical and theoretical aspects of electrical engineering already wandering the virtual halls of the DIY forum (many of which I have learned a great many things from) so the field of possible contributors is rich indeed. Having said that I would like to help so feel free to PM/Email me.

Peete

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #81 of 189
Looking forward to reading this!

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #82 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, but only if what I contribute measures up and is worthy of publication.......there are many more learned members than I when it comes to the technical and theoretical aspects of electrical engineering already wandering the virtual halls of the DIY forum (many of which I have learned a great many things from) so the field of possible contributors is rich indeed. Having said that I would like to help so feel free to PM/Email me.

Peete

Thanks so much Peete. I will be sure to do that in the coming days.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #83 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStarPUA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would also like to have a monthly version, haha

smily_headphones1.gif
Let me graduate first
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #84 of 189
I think this is just a great idea, I am the perfect example of someone who comes here often, but just doesn't have the time or experience to take part in the discussions on the message boards.

I am looking forward to the first edition!

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #85 of 189
I will bet this will be very inclusive to the 'boys club' in terms of who writes reviews and articles. I doubt anything I or 90% of what head fiers submit will actually be posted. Not to make waves, but I have major concerns. Lesser knowns etc, need to be heard too.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #87 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will bet this will be very inclusive to the 'boys club' in terms of who writes reviews and articles. I doubt anything I or 90% of what head fiers submit will actually be posted. Not to make waves, but I have major concerns. Lesser knowns etc, need to be heard too.

Wow! Thanks for being so positive. No really! Judging a process with deluded assumptions with no basis for such assumptions.

Here is how it will work (I don't know of any boys club by the way, but conspiracies are fun):

1) write something
2) write it well, meaning edit it, spelling checks, form and structure
3) submit it
4) wait
5) if selected, begin editing again.

I don't care if a person joins and submits the the same day without a single post. All I care about are well written pieces. Seriously, for anyone legitimately worried that their own piece would not be selected, there is nothing to worry about unless of course, it simply wasn't written as well as a competing piece.

Oct 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #88 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I care about are well written pieces. Seriously, for anyone legitimately worried that their own piece would not be selected, there is nothing to worry about unless of course, it simply wasn't written as well as a competing piece.

In other words, if it's well written, informative and of interest, it has a chance, and if it sounds like Paris Hilton describing oxygen, it won't get in?

Nov 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #89 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In other words, if it's well written, informative and of interest, it has a chance, and if it sounds like Paris Hilton describing oxygen, it won't get in?

Can she even spell oxygen ?

Peete.

Nov 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #90 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can she even spell oxygen ?

Peete.

Not sure, but she wastes enough of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back