Announcing the upcoming HEAD-FI QUARTERLY!
Nov 1, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #91 of 189
If she gets on the cover or if anyone with a body resembling hers, it's always a good thing haha

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #93 of 189
FANTASTIC IDEA...I know that condensing the vast libraries of information on Head-Fi will result in a greater educated public hopefully leading to newly developed interest in the Hi-Fi world of headphones and audio!

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #95 of 189
A head-fi for dummies section would be great. I hope that it will have a strong balance of newbie/beginner content and advanced/confusing(=p) content.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #96 of 189
I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #97 of 189
Finally. A publication that I would want to read. Amazing idea and thank you to everyone who is working on this.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #98 of 189
This is a very cool idea, zanth. I wish the publication the best of luck and I look forward to reading it. I also encourage all would be reviewers to remember the best qualities of this site/community and to avoid the cliched, trite, and safe reviews that have come to define other audio publications. And I encourage the publication to take risks. If a piece of gear is lousy, say so.

Again, great idea and best of luck.

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #99 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I encourage the publication to take risks. If a piece of gear is lousy, say so.

Again, great idea and best of luck.

Thanks for the well wishes and I agree, if something isn't very good, I hope everyone will say so. That said, I'll be honest for the first issue the things I'll be reviewing I wanted to review because they are good and I liked them. Folks were generous enough to send them to me to review and although I will note what I don't particularly fancy, this is more a taste thing than a "not good" issue. I'm also pretty sure folks would like to read review of cool new products and good older products vs. stuff that is known to suck. I mean, I wouldn't want to read a publication that was negative review after negative review.

But, if someone sends me something that is new and isn't released yet and I personally don't like it, I'll say so. I always have and I think it is a good policy to stick to, of course always with qualifications as to why I don't like said product.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #100 of 189
I'm not sure what you've lined up for articles, but how about asking the various industry experts for a monthly "Art of Design" column. With people like Tyll, Lloyd (Mapletree), Ray, etc. I'm sure we could get some really interesting articles capturing their thoughts on amplifier design. You could include headphone manufacturers as well. The intent would not be to "sell" their products, but to talk about their design philosophy, what they try to maximize, what they try to minimize, etc. etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #101 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_j_thomas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure what you've lined up for articles, but how about asking the various industry experts for a monthly "Art of Design" column. With people like Tyll, Lloyd (Mapletree), Ray, etc. I'm sure we could get some really interesting articles capturing their thoughts on amplifier design. You could include headphone manufacturers as well. The intent would not be to "sell" their products, but to talk about their design philosophy, what they try to maximize, what they try to minimize, etc. etc.

Just my 2 cents.

And a fine 2 cents they are! Great suggestion.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #102 of 189
Thanks for all the time and effort that you guys are putting into this it will be definitely be a labor of love. I cant wait to read it.

As far as suggestions will you be accepting reviews of mid-fi and low-fi level gear as my wallet does not come anywhere close to the hi-end gear.

I am liking the idea of the unamped article and if there is a way to incorporate a budget section that would be a great to get gear that sounds way better than its price tag suggests.

Nov 7, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #103 of 189
abellaw;6139871 As far as suggestions will you be accepting reviews of mid-fi and low-fi level gear as my wallet does not come anywhere close to the hi-end gear. [/QUOTE said:
Absolutely. We all started somewhere and for most of us that meant low-fi and mid-fi. Even if we all started at the upper echelon, it is still highly informative for anyone to know what is possible at a given price point. One notion I always love to promote is how I could live happily with an iPod Classic 160 GB and a pair of Grado SR60's. Sure there are systems that smoke it, but for the money, the capacity and level of sound is utterly stupefying for the dollar amount.

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #104 of 189
overnight delivery of Generic sterapred with no prescription, akne medikamente

buy brand buy voltaren sr
Generic diltia online saturday delivery
pharmacy bactrim
Generic norplant buy cod
WHERE to BUY isordil titradose Suomi No prescription

cheap Generic sterapred by money order
how to buy Discounted sterapred
Generic sterapred saturday delivery cod
Generic sterapred doctor consult
WHERE to BUY sterapred Deutschland overnight cod delivery
lowest price sterapred
Generic sterapred fed ex cheap
Discount sterapred Vantaa,Uusimaa Farmacias mais barato
Buy Generic sterapred
WHERE to BUY sterapred Canada without prescription
Generic sterapred no script
WHERE to BUY sterapred SCHWEIZ ups delivery only
Discount sterapred Alcobendas Drugstore mais barato
for sale HIGH QUALITY Buy sterapred
Generic sterapred no prescription next day delivery
Generic sterapred with free dr consultation
Discount sterapred Florida cheapest pillstore +FREE GIFT
WHERE to BUY sterapred Cyprus FDA Approved
Discount sterapred Australia buy online say wordpress
Generic sterapred U.P.S SHIPPING COD

comparing paxil to lexapro
buy detrol la where
WHERE to BUY suprax SVERIGE with no prescription
vivid dreams paxil
Drug buy Cheapest bisoprolol

tabletten n3
bioäquivalenz generika
online versand
medikamente shop
reductil rezeptfrei günstig
prozac ohne rezept
austria apotheke
chemotherapie medikamente
medikamente gegen
versandapotheke pille

buy Generic intagra medication cod
paxil xr side effects
Generic moduretic c.o.d.
WHERE to BUY moduretic Kobe,Hyogo no prescription needed
contraindications diovan

Sacramento
Kansas
Arizona
United States
Hong Kong
South Africa
Ireland
Nevada
Sweden
Idaho
Mexico
Connecticut
US
Delaware
Greece
Kingston
Newfoundland
SA
Mississippi
Brisbane
Labrador
Iceland
Northern Ireland
Gatineau
London
Minnesota
Des Moines
Canada
New York
Queensland
London
Alabama
Germany
North Dakota
the United states
Juneau
Hungary
Ohio
Nunavut
Great britain
Birmingham
West Virginia
Sydney
Croatia
Maryland
USA
Japan
Tallahassee
Ottawa
Kentucky

ghkjgthijffd

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #105 of 189
It's great that you will include the more reasonably priced stuff, too. I think that's essential, and something that tends to distinguish our community from some of the other audio enthusiasts. You don't have to spend a gazillion dollars to have a great, musically satisfying system.

And I don't mean to start any fights with this one, but I encourage the editors of the publication not to publish cable reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back