Announcing HeadRoom's All-New Website
Oct 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #76 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed that on the list of amp pages the wait time for the BUDA is 2-4 weeks, but when you click and go to the info page of the amp it says "in stock."

Tease.
frown.gif

Good catch. It's corrected now.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #78 of 127
Congrats on the new site. Great take off.
One request.
Could you write back "ONLY available for sale and shipment within the USA." or something on some restricted headphones' Overview pages for international users?

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #81 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love how you can get to any headphone with a wave of the cursor right off the home page. That's a beautiful thing!

I second that comment, it is fantastic. Nicely done with the new site.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #82 of 127
Great looking site. Like it better than the last. Just a heads up on your "top noise blocking headphones" the grado gs-1000i are on the list. Not sure if they're meant to be because of low volume listening but they definately do not block noise. Thanks for all the hard work on the new site. Hope it works out well for you guys.

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #84 of 127
I hate to say it, but I prefer the old site. The new site feels like a generic e-commerce site that happens to sell audio gear.

I mentally block out the Selection Guide and Learning Center areas on the left side of the page because they look exactly like Google ad modules.

There's lots of content on each page, and each bit uses the same font size and each could be covered completely by a half-dollar. I understand that on the front page you want to give a user many choices as to where to go, but there should be a clear place for my eyes to land when glancing at a specific product page. On the old site, I also liked that all the product info was displayed all on one page. Multiple clicks to go between Overview, What We Think, and Specs is now a pain, and hides the helpful descriptions behind multiple tabs. The 'What We Think' section for each product is the most important content on your site (for me), and it seems like its been hidden from view unless you hunt for it.

The blue and green color scheme is not pleasing to the eyes. To me its neon-ish, and reminds me of an 80's rollerskating rink. For me, it enforces the cheap, generic feel and kinda makes me dizzy. (I'm not a very good rollerskater :))

Lastly, product mix. Not long I was a newbie at audio gear and felt overwhelmed with the choices and information available at head-fi. I was relieved when I found headphone.com. It felt like a resource that had already done all the research for me and only presented the best options. Before I felt comfortable telling my friends to take a chance on a new product at headphone.com because my 'buddies' there felt it was good enough to endorse. Now, I'm back to doing hours of my own research before making a purchase decision.

For me, the new site no longer projects the feeling of 'trusted partner' for audio gear advice, but now takes on the role of one of many places that might get my money after I do my own research and shop around for the best price.

I hope I'm not being overly melodramatic, I just want to provide some honest feedback.

--Bug

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #86 of 127
I like the new site, but it's kinda more generic-looking and the format really looks like an online product store. You guys had the professional look in the previous iteration of your site, so can you revert it in some way? Pweeety pweassseee??

*checks more on the site*

Oh my...

I am not sure if promoting Skullcandy products will improve the standing of the already niche audiophile community. I can see this going downhill: people will be exposed more to SK products, thus prompting them to spread word on the products' good reviews. As most people today are already oriented in the "Skullcandy is so kool" mindset, this will effectively push the brand into more unnecessary fame and popularity. Even more so coming from a reputable headphone online store.

What will happen to the high-end brands? They are the ones that needed much attention, and the last thing they would need is a growing competition with SK. Let's face it, the mere presence of ONE Skullcandy product can drown the hordes of high quality headphones we know and love. Why? The people's mindset. Sorry, but I'm a bit disappointed in this.

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #87 of 127
Every menu is painful to look at, and the color scheme is... odd. The older version certainly had a more professional look to it.

To the Skullcandy/Beats issue. SC has really flooded the product listings, to the point where it is difficult to find other brands.

Perhaps I'm not navigating the site as intended (more as I would navigate the old one), but it is more difficult to see things/move around.

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #88 of 127
Glad to see I'm not alone with my feelings.

logwed and GreatBug echo my thoughts.

Jude may disagree with me, but I see this move as a diworsification.

I liked your company, so this is why I offer my suggestions. Now the balls in your court! ^_^

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #89 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every menu is painful to look at, and the color scheme is... odd. The older version certainly had a more professional look to it.

To the Skullcandy/Beats issue. SC has really flooded the product listings, to the point where it is difficult to find other brands.

Perhaps I'm not navigating the site as intended (more as I would navigate the old one), but it is more difficult to see things/move around.

SC's phones are... tainting the inventory, sorry for a lack of a better term. The reviews too are a bit too positive, not that critical unlike the old reviews we had.

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #90 of 127
Thanks for all the honest comments guys.

I'm not surprised really.

We are trying to point more broadly.

Do you think we're doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back