ANNOUNCEMENT: Welcome to a new sponsor! (parts conneXion)
Jan 24, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #16 of 37
If you want to save on shipping costs, request a cheaper shipping method from them. In my order, I was originally quoted $46 for 2-day FedEx shipping to the USA, but I asked them if they could ship via a slower method, and I was given a second shipping quote of $20.

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #17 of 37
I just received an order for Black Gates from Parts Connexion for the Alien DAC. They have excellent service, good response, and fair pricing in spite of the hype surrounding the BG caps. This was after a failed order from another supplier. Although my money was cheerfully refunded in that case, the straightforward experience with Parts ConX was a welcome change.

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #19 of 37
15% off Film Caps! Great chance to stock up on some Mundorf MCap ZN's
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
15% off Film Caps! Great chance to stock up on some Mundorf MCap ZN's
smily_headphones1.gif

Perfect timing... I'm also doing that and throwing in some Blackgates
580smile.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made an order last night, still haven't received a reply...

Give it time man. I know how anxious it is to order parts and wait
600smile.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

If you used Paypal, that operates a little differently for them than other methods. They have to get an exact shipping quote based on the parts you've ordered. That's a couple days delay and they typically don't contact you until that's done.

It's probably a nightmare to alter or add to charges on Paypal, so they try to get it all in one fell swoop. It can be a little unsettling not hearing from them - especially if you place an order close to the weekend. It may be Monday before you hear anything.

They might perhaps consider some sort of automated order confirmation, but that could increase their prices to all of us. As mb3k says, not to worry.
cool.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

You have to understand something, in fact imagine it like this. You can pick any 2 of the following 3 things:

1. Lightning quick service.
2. Boutique parts.
3. Reasonable cost.

With Parts Connexion you're picking options 2 and 3 and in my dealings getting a reasonably quick turn around on orders. I generally call them to order and the only time I've experienced a longish delay is when I was dumb enough to call on the last day of a big sale when they were taking orders like mad. Even then they got things processed pretty quickly and even their "slow" shipping seems to get to me pretty quickly (week or so).

My 2¢,

Nate

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #25 of 37
Is it just me or are there no 1/8" connectors available there?

anyone know where they are listed?

rob

Mar 31, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #26 of 37
The funny thing is, I STILL haven't received a reply. Ha, I even placed my order again to an individual in the company (at their request), and 7+ days later, they still have not replied with a shipping quote or anything at all. Are they refusing my business? I will submit my order form ONE more time.

This was their message after my first e-mail:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parts Connexion
Hi Brady

I rec’d your email about your order. We have not rec’d your order to date. If you would like to resend it to this address I will take it from there. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Shcherban, Sales Administrator
PARTS CONNEXION
2885 Sherwood Heights Drive
Unit #72
Oakville, Ontario
CANADA L6J 7H1

I did then resend my order, and they [she] has yet to respond. This was over a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back