announcement: longtime member smokey passes away
Dec 16, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #17 of 111
What a shame
frown.gif

He was a really awesome guy. It's too bad the uber-META I made for him will no longer have such a loving home...

Dec 16, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #18 of 111
I too am deeply saddened by this news, bigcat. My condolences to you and the rest of smokey's family.

Although I never had the pleasure to meet smokey in person, I always heard so much about him and his generous nature. While visiting ServinginEcuador, I had a chance to listen to smokey's maxed out 'uber' electrostatic amp that he had loaned to Doug. He was indeed one of Head-Fi's friendliest members, and we will miss him.

Dec 16, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #21 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
What a shame
frown.gif

He was a really awesome guy. It's too bad the uber-META I made for him will no longer have such a loving home...

Ahhh, but that is not so, Eric! It sits on my desk as we speak.

Dec 16, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 111
Though I never had the chance to meet Smokey, it saddens me nonetheless to know that one of our members have passed. This place really is like my home away from home and the members here are like a big family.

Rest in peace and my heart goes out to your family.

Dec 16, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #26 of 111
I'm very sad by this news. Rest in peace smokey.

Dec 16, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 111
Sad news. My sincerest condolences.

Dec 16, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #29 of 111
Smokey, we know you're listening, I hope while you peer down from the heavens at the comings and goings of Head-fi, you are enjoying the glorious chants of the angels.

You will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back