1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Andromeda vs Xelento

1. Jettsom
    Hi fellow Headfiers, I need your help.

I have the opportunity to buy the Campfire audio Andromeda for a good price and would like to know how much are they better than my Beyer Xelento’s at the moment. Will I gain anything? I listen mostly rock, metal, EDM. Thanks!

2. money4me247 Contributor
    @Jettsom ,

I have both IEMs, they sound different enough that a causal non-audiophile listener can tell in direct side-by-side comparisons. Biggest sound signature differences is that the Campfire Andromeda is not as bassy as the Xelento and has a sharper treble. The Andromeda's overall tuning is very highly praised by many audiophile reviewers and it is considered as a gold-standard/reference point much like how the UERM was previously a common comparison point for IEMs or the HD800 was a benchmark for flagship over-ears. Things to be aware of regarding the Andromeda is that 1) it is quite sensitive and may hiss 2) its sound signature will change based on the output impedance of your playback device/amp 3) fit may be an issue

there is also a new model by Campfire called the solaris which is driving andromeda prices down right now.

Regarding detailed xelento vs andromeda impressions, I wrote a detailed comparison here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyerdynamic-xelento.827372/page-51#post-14008255.

Hope this is helpful.

Womaz likes this.
  3. Jettsom
    Thanks a lot! It was really helpful. Seems that they each have their own advantage. It’s true that bass and subbass on Xelento is really great, comfort too. Might keep them then but I really want too ear the Andromeda once and for all. I ear so much praise about them.

4. BananaOoyoo
    With the Andromeda, one advantage is that you can probably sell it later at a minimal loss given its popularity. (I don't think it's actually dropped by much since the Solaris release.)

I'd say the DD bass on the Xelento is better for EDM however.

5. Kitechaser
    Xelento all day everyday
    BA's in general are overrated

6. BananaOoyoo
    Personally, I'd take BA over dynamic every day, but I think that's obvious from my signature.

Kitechaser likes this.
  7. Kitechaser
    I like weight to my music, and coherancy is big. BA to my ears sound fake.
    But to each his own :)

BananaOoyoo likes this.