Android Music Players!
May 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

eightbitpotion

500+ Head-Fier
I haven't seen one of these in a while, and since the apps are updated so much I thought it was worth revisiting. Out of convenience and accepting that phones are now fairly awesome at audio playback with a proper amp... I'm curious as to which music player you use. So vote in the poll and let us know why you like that player.

Neutron for me... I can't help but feel it sounds a lot better, and gives me a lot of power "under the hood". I dislike the GUI... reminds me a lot of the old 486 shareware days lol.

May 31, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 53
The neutron is very good APP (my fav) and it's play 32bit..............

May 31, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 53
I prefer PowerAMP,...but everyone has a favorite. All end up sounding the same. It's all about what make's ya' smile!!! 
L3000.gif

May 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 53
The only one I've ever tried is Mixzing, which sounded alright to me. I like how it gave me an EQ but I don't like the ads. I'm coming from a droid running Android 2.0 though so lol yeah. 

Gotta love Pandora, led me to a lot of the music I now enjoy today. That's what puts a smile on my face.

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 53
I voted PowerAmp, but I use that and Rockbox equally on my Android player.

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 53
PlayerPro sounded much better to me than PowerAmp and I loved the interface much more. Thinking of trying out a new one though because I don't really equalize anymore. At most I just use Voodoo Sound to eq. (I mainly got it due to the better sound clarity vs PowerAmp + it was the only other w/ an equalizer at the time. UberMusic looks great but it gets old).

PlayerPro has some problems. Mainly high RAM usage (which is a problem on a rooted phone with 376mb available RAM total), its problems with MP4, and it not detecting some tags correctly for some reason. And it's a bit choppy, even on my tablet. And it's just getting old :).

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #9 of 53
Jun 1, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 53
I have tried neutron, Winamp, the stock cm7 and cm9 apps, double twist, power amp, player pro, cubed, and a few more I can't remember.

on a modded htc hd2, which has a crappy dac. Here is the order from best to worst in sq.

neutron
Player pro
Cm9 stock
winamp
Double twist
Cubed
Cm7 stock
Power amp. Yes it sounds the worst.

The best compromise of functionality and sq is player pro, but I bought neutron because it is still a step up.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 53
Quote:
I have tried neutron, Winamp, the stock cm7 and cm9 apps, double twist, power amp, player pro, cubed, and a few more I can't remember.
on a modded htc hd2, which has a crappy dac. Here is the order from best to worst in sq.
neutron
Player pro
Cm9 stock
winamp
Double twist
Cubed
Cm7 stock
Power amp. Yes it sounds the worst.
The best compromise of functionality and sq is player pro, but I bought neutron because it is still a step up.
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

interesting Poweramp ranks so low, I have a similar impression of Poweramp learking in the back of my mind. Not certain to diss Poweramp. Can you describe the sound difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back