Android music player question
Oct 1, 2020 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mrconfuse

100+ Head-Fier
For those using Android players, can you install 3rd party music players? and will those work with the dac? Or are you stuck with the default music for best performance

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Yes, and yes. I've used USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) for years, it takes full advantage of whatever DAC you're using and offers great control. It doesn't support Spotify, though. I think it cost $7 or $8.
There are other apps, too. Hiby, Onkyo, and FiiO come to mind. I can't remember why I preferred UAPP to Hiby and Onkyo, but I did. I think UAPP sounded better than Onkyo, but I don't really remember. I tried the FiiO app several months ago and thought it was a clunky, unintuitive mess. Maybe things have changed.

Oct 5, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I've used multiple music player apps with my FIIO M6. APK files are very easy to get, FIIO actually have a bunch of good ones for you to download. No problems. I get the same performance with them as I do with the preinstalled FIIO player.... which to be fair is the one I use anyway. Tho I do use VLC sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back