2GB DDR3
16GB Flash memory
10.1" IPS

That doesn't look like android to me! :p

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #498 of 904
lol oops!

That's better

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #500 of 904
Why would anyone want a Motorola? Unless you won't be flashing roms or rooting due to the savagely locked down bootloaders.

@poster asking about new phone. Sorry I'm not allowed to say anything else as I know people who work in the mobile industry and receive information directly from manufacturers about possible new releases and tech demos, due to NDA policies it is kept confidential, all I can say is new Samsung, Moto, Sony and few other non-big brands.

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #501 of 904
Why would anyone want a Motorola? Unless you won't be flashing roms or rooting due to the savagely locked down bootloaders.

@poster asking about new phone. Sorry I'm not allowed to say anything else as I know people who work in the mobile industry and receive information directly from manufacturers about possible new releases and tech demos, due to NDA policies it is kept confidential, all I can say is new Samsung, Moto, Sony and few other non-big brands.

People are interested in Motorola because it's the first phone they're releasing since being bought by Google.

And about the new phones, OK... As I said the galaxy note 3 doesnt outdate the S4 or One, I also don't see Sony releasing another flagship so quickly. But, hey, I'm no insider.

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #502 of 904
I've recently got a Nexus 7 32gb running on AOKP ROM and Franco kernel.

And just got a Nexus 4, only 8gb version, which will also be running on AOKP ROM soon.

Nexus 4 is brilliant in terms of price-performance.

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #503 of 904
meh, motorola have made it abundantly clear over the last few years they have no interest outside the US market.  the Milestone (what they called the Droid here) was abandoned on launch and the phone i at the time wanted the motorola pro never ever came here.  im really not sure i have any confidence that a motorola device will get any support here so i cant say it makes me want to buy one.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #504 of 904
Quote:
meh, motorola have made it abundantly clear over the last few years they have no interest outside the US market.  the Milestone (what they called the Droid here) was abandoned on launch and the phone i at the time wanted the motorola pro never ever came here.  im really not sure i have any confidence that a motorola device will get any support here so i cant say it makes me want to buy one.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to the Moto X. I think things have changed now that Google owns Moto. Now the only two questions I have are: Can 16GB of storage hold me over, and will it be a significant upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus?

Also, I must say I really want the new Nexus 7. In no way do I really need one (I use my iPad probably <1 hour a day) but gosh darnit do I want one... 

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #505 of 904
I'd like the new Nexus 7, but my current 32 GB version suits me just fine.

Looking forward to the Nexus 4 I'll hopefully be getting in the coming days though.

Getting the latest Android version the soonest does trump raw horsepower, IMO.

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #506 of 904
The new Nexus 7 isn't terribly amazing in my opinion.  It's pretty much got the same specs as the one year old Nexus 4, but with a nicer screen.  1920x1200 is pretty sweet but not phenomenal, plenty of phones have that kind of resolution in a smaller space nowadays.  The best thing about the new Nexus 7 is the price, and 4.3 should be sweet too.

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #507 of 904
Quote:
The new Nexus 7 isn't terribly amazing in my opinion.  It's pretty much got the same specs as the one year old Nexus 4, but with a nicer screen.  1920x1200 is pretty sweet but not phenomenal, plenty of phones have that kind of resolution in a smaller space nowadays.  The best thing about the new Nexus 7 is the price, and 4.3 should be sweet too.

The 1920x1200 screen is phenomenal IMO. It has a density of 323 PPI, which is even better than the iPad Retina display and also beats out the Nexus 10. Sure, it's not going to beat 4" 1080P phones, but you really don't need the crazy 400ppi they have either.

Also, nice avatar 
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #508 of 904
Quote:

It is a generational refresh and the increased CPU and GPU performance is nothing short of impressive for just a "refresh."

The display, the SoC and the Wifi chip alone in one device for $229 is "amazing" to me.

Not to mention the much faster storage and RAM performance and the addition of TRIM to the eMMC to maintain storage speeds when you start filling it up.

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #509 of 904
Oh wow, my cheap ass POS phone (Galaxy Mini 2) finally got a decent port of Cyanogen Mod (as in: a release that doesn't have features like camera or bluetooth missing). CM10, though - but the port dev will probably apply the fixes to CM10.1 and AOKP ports as well.

Downloading now, to have it, just in case. Not exactly sure if I'm gonna flash it (will wait till morning, when I cool down :3), but I don't think I have much more too lose than time spent flashing and later restoring the stock rom in case of not liking CM.

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #510 of 904
Quote:
Frankly, I'm looking forward to the Moto X. I think things have changed now that Google owns Moto. Now the only two questions I have are: Can 16GB of storage hold me over, and will it be a significant upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus?

Also, I must say I really want the new Nexus 7. In no way do I really need one (I use my iPad probably <1 hour a day) but gosh darnit do I want one... 

well yes but i see your location is in a land where moto will actually release it and support it.  like i said they have made it repeatedly clear they have no interest in the UK or europe, its that total lack of support that makes it a non issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back