Android-fi!
Mar 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #362 of 904
Quote:
How many people here still have Galaxy nexus's besides me and mechy? GN users unite!

I really wanted the Nexus 4, but it seems the carriers are biased towards all Nexus phones. They always arrive late at my place, sometimes by 6 months or more. By then, other brands have already released phones with better hardware.
When I bought my GS3, the only other phone was the Galaxy Nexus, and the Nexus 4 was rumored to be released soon. Its still not available here.

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #363 of 904
Quote:
I really wanted the Nexus 4, but it seems the carriers are biased towards all Nexus phones. They always arrive late at my place, sometimes by 6 months or more. By then, other brands have already released phones with better hardware.
When I bought my GS3, the only other phone was the Galaxy Nexus, and the Nexus 4 was rumored to be released soon. Its still not available here.

Can't you buy it direct from Google?   

Also I just wanted to mention that the Nexus is not about the "latest hardware". You'll always find better hardware, but the Nexus is about official fast OS updates from Google, un-modified Android, no bloatware, and easy development, all right out of the box.  

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #364 of 904
Quote:
How many people here still have Galaxy nexus's besides me and mechy? GN users unite!

I do.

Ditching Verizon soon (hoping to get out of my contract with no fee) and getting a Nexus 4 with T-Mobile no contract $30/mo "unlimited" plan.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #365 of 904
Quote:
Can't you buy it direct from Google?   

Also I just wanted to mention that the Nexus is not about the "latest hardware". You'll always find better hardware, but the Nexus is about official fast OS updates from Google, un-modified Android, no bloatware, and easy development, all right out of the box.  

I can't, Google doesn't ship it outside the US. Anyways now I have the GS3, rooted with AOKP rom.

About hardware I agree, but it makes sense if you can get the Nexus phones closer to their release date. There's no use in getting one when the next Nexus device is going to be released soon.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #366 of 904
Quote:
I can't, Google doesn't ship it outside the US. Anyways now I have the GS3, rooted with AOKP rom.

About hardware I agree, but it makes sense if you can get the Nexus phones closer to their release date. There's no use in getting one when the next Nexus device is going to be released soon.

Does AOKP have the newly finished calculator stock app from Cyanogenmod? That's a must for me since it now supports graphing functions, has binary hex conversion and matrices.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #367 of 904
Quote:
Does AOKP have the newly finished calculator stock app from Cyanogenmod? That's a must for me since it now supports graphing functions, has binary hex conversion and matrices.

Yep. Using that one.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #368 of 904
I love my Nexus 7 ( 4.2.2 ). I take it with me every where. My wife has a GS3 ( 4.1.1 ) and loves it. As far as DACs go, her phone supported my uDAC right away. Meanwhile, my N7 doesn't, which is really weird to me. I do have USB Audio Recorder PRO but it's not very user friendly. Not it's main purpose though, playing music. Anyway, once it's available, I'm going to jump on one of those HTC One's. I'm pretty over my Lumia 900, except for being able to have the entire map of the US available to me, offline.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #369 of 904
Note 2 pairs really well with the 770pro/32 Anniversary. (in stock form has just enough power to give them room for volume)

Many of these new phones sound really good, good enough to not make me miss my desktop setup when I am away from it.  Sure my desktop setup is better, but for casual listening its not ear deafening day and night.  It hits all the points it should, just a few gradations lower.

One of my reasons for sticking to the stock is the spen features.  I just run a different home replacement and simple dialer widget which is much faster than any stock dialer.  The stock messenger app is ok, I only use gosms for themes.  Stock keyboard is better laid out on the note 2 than any other replacement.  Tbh, after playing with the S3, nothing beats typing on a screen of that size.  Its like perfect for my fingers(which are small).  And obv nothing beats the keyboard on the t-mobile G-2 for comfort, and the G-1 for functionality.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #371 of 904
So has anyone taken Google up on the offer of storing all your music in the cloud for free? I believe it's for the first 10,000 songs or something crazy like that...
Also, does anyone know of a good way to load music onto an android device in MP3 V0 from ALAC in iTunes???

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #372 of 904
I did it for the GF I uploaded FLAC files I think it auto converts to MP3 I though it sounded like poop just my personal experiences I would give it a whirl and see how you like it.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #373 of 904
I can confirm that streaming your collection from the google music app sounds like poop. About the same as hearing a song on the radio.

Going to that, from a FLAC file is a night and day difference, IMO.

Maybe download your favorite songs to your phones internal storage and just stream the rest for background noise.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #374 of 904
Just got a 32-gig Nexus 7. Lots of space for FLAC files. Audio from the headphone jack on the HD598 is OK, not great. I suppose the 3.5mm jack is analogue only, but I wonder if there is a way to extract digital audio out of the micro USB for a portable DAC/amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back