Android-fi!
Feb 23, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #106 of 904
per motorola update page. atrix2=ics q3 2012. working on unlocked bootloader if provider will allow it. anyhow i am glad it is getting ics from the source. i actually prefer that to a rom.  moto is not one of the companies that usually offers vaporware. so i am assuming it will get it. unless att stops it. which is possible since they want everyone to buy a new phone. i am also kind of assuming they already know att's stance if it is on the scheduled update page. we shall see. nonetheless i like the phone a lot and it was free. i actually feel the razr is too thin. it does have 200 more mhz though. i imagine the atrix2 is overclockable however. i have not even had a need to look into that yet.

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #108 of 904
I just did a review of the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 over at InnerFidelity. Pretty nice device for what it is. Since it was a review loaner, I didn't get to mess with rooting it and trying new ROMs. But I suspect it could be even better once you do those. I'm just glad we have Android based PMP devises hitting the market - they can only get better.

I've noticed that we tend to become snobs pretty quickly with phone specs. "Tegra 2 dual core processor? BORING! No super-ultra-hi-res AMOLED+ display? NEXT!" But these devices can offer solid user experiences with modest hardware when done right. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #109 of 904
Probably not the right forum but with all the android phones and tablet out there I am having trouble finding one with the BEST audio quality. The T-Mobile Galaxy SII I have is... ok but nothing spectacular.  My nationite nanite N2 soundly beats it.

Video quality is, ok as well.  Overall the T-Mobile G2(HTC-Vision) is a better phone if not for updated hardware and even worst audio quality.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #110 of 904

Quote:
Probably not the right forum but with all the android phones and tablet out there I am having trouble finding one with the BEST audio quality. The T-Mobile Galaxy SII I have is... ok but nothing spectacular.  My nationite nanite N2 soundly beats it.

Video quality is, ok as well.  Overall the T-Mobile G2(HTC-Vision) is a better phone if not for updated hardware and even worst audio quality.

If you want a DAP that runs Android, the best for SQ would probably be the iBasso DX100. No phone functionality, but that can be overcome with a wifi connection and the Google Voice app.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #112 of 904
i don't really care to wait to q3 now that i have thought about it. by then there will be another os! i really hope there is a cm9. although i actually like the small implementation of moto blur on the atrix2. does anyone know if this phone has a locked bootloader? also i was wondering if there is a way to o/c it. probably not if it does have a locked bootloader.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #113 of 904

Quote:
i don't really care to wait to q3 now that i have thought about it. by then there will be another os! i really hope there is a cm9. although i actually like the small implementation of moto blur on the atrix2. does anyone know if this phone has a locked bootloader? also i was wondering if there is a way to o/c it. probably not if it does have a locked bootloader.

The atrix 2, like every other motorola device except for the OG droid and Atrix 1, has a locked bootloader. There are ways to overclock with a locked bootloader, but it takes a special implementation for each phone. Check rootzwiki or xda to see if there's an overclocking module.

Quote:
Anyone know if the CM9 alpha ICS has line out on the g2x?

Check cyanogenmod's site, Rootzwiki, or XDA developers.

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #114 of 904
HTC EVO 4G LTE coming to Sprint.  It has Beats Audio!  But just go to one of the Android forums and try to figure out the DAC used.  I haven't seen it.  The fact it has Beats is supposed to be the end of the conversation. I can't even discover if it comes with USB hosting enabled.  It has a fixed battery, but a Micro SD slot is included.  I am not upgrade eligble for another six months, but it is only $200.  Root it and use an Alpen.  Still wish it had decent audio hardware included, though.

"Sprint’s first device with HTC’s Authentic Sound experience integrating Beats Audio. The technology enables customers to hear music the way the artist intended with unique audio tuning that delivers thundering bass, soaring midrange and crisp highs. HTC EVO 4G LTE incorporates Beats Audio across the entire phone experience, including playing music stored on the device, streaming from a favorite service" Sprint

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #115 of 904
Believe it or not today I just got the Pantech Burst which is a really nice Android based smartphone they wont brack the bank (msrp $400 but its only $49).  It works just as good as my friends Samsung and Motorola phones and the super AMLOED screen has a great picture.  The 4G LTE and 1.5GHz dual core processor make it very fast and the full web browsing makes it easy.  So far I'm loving this phone but theres still a lot of other thing it can do that I haven't got to yet,  I still can't believe I got a Pantech but if this is where their going then the big boys need to take notice.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #116 of 904
What the best player you can use on an Android also a good EQ?

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #119 of 904

Quote:
IMO Poweramp.

PowerAMP definitely the best overall. n7Player has a very nice interface though, but not as full featured as PowerAMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back