Android-fi!
Feb 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #91 of 904
I love my Touchpad more than I thought I would ever even like a tablet. Running Xron 2.8 until someone manages to fix the hardware video codecs on ICS so Netflix works. About 90% of what I do is Netflix, e-books, comics, or surfing the net and it does all of these things really well. The hardware on the thing is twice as robust as many tablets selling for 2x what I paid for it. Definitely the best thing I have bought in a long time and I am really looking forward to getting to play around with the ClassicNerd ICS build when it supports Netflix.

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #95 of 904
Yes, as Gore mentioned, you dualboot WebOS and Android. Although honestly, since I installed Android about a month and a half ago, I haven't booted into WebOS once. Although there are some nice features there (multi-tasking with cards, some nice interfaces, etc).

Since HP released a lot of their Android development yesterday, I am hopeful that solid fixes will be here soon for the hardware video codecs and camera issues. I guess we will have to wait and see what the devs can work out.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #96 of 904
I need to get a new phone, with Verizon, which has the best coverage in my area.

Nexus Prime vs. Razr Max?

When is Razr Max supposed to get ICS update, which would be the swing vote, given the huge battery size of Max and 8 MP camera.

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #98 of 904

Quote:
I need to get a new phone, with Verizon, which has the best coverage in my area.

Nexus Prime vs. Razr Max?

When is Razr Max supposed to get ICS update, which would be the swing vote, given the huge battery size of Max and 8 MP camera.

I just got the galaxy nexus a couple of weeks ago and I have to say that I'm enjoying ICS, it's much better than any other iteration of android. That being said, if you're interested in doing any rooting/rom'ing then the Gnex is the way to go. The unlockable bootloader and official AOSP code do wonders for custom rom devs. But, if you're not into ROM'ing, I would definitely recommend the maxx, the hardware if far superior to the nexus.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #99 of 904
I got the Nexus, which is great.  But I did play with Razr Maxx too, which is one great hardware, but I just can't wait indefinitely for the vague ICS update for that phone.  Besides, Amazon had $100 deal for the Nexus as opposed to $300 for Razr Maxx..

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #100 of 904

Quote:
I got the Nexus, which is great.  But I did play with Razr Maxx too, which is one great hardware, but I just can't wait indefinitely for the vague ICS update for that phone.  Besides, Amazon had $100 deal for the Nexus as opposed to $300 for Razr Maxx..

Waiting indefinitely? The phone has just been released and you have already been waiting indefinitely?

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #101 of 904

Quote:
Waiting indefinitely? The phone has just been released and you have already been waiting indefinitely?

ICS isn't supposed to come out for any moto devices until summer according to their timeline. Just go with the nexus even though the hardware is inferior. The software size is completely worth it.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #102 of 904

Quote:
ICS isn't supposed to come out for any moto devices until summer according to their timeline. Just go with the nexus even though the hardware is inferior. The software size is completely worth it.

For me it is the other way around. If I do not have an SD card I can put loads of stuff on, the phone is basically useless.

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #103 of 904

Quote:

Where did you read that?  On Motorola website, it still says "Further details to follow" for Razr Maxx, and "2012 Q2" for regular Razr..

Feb 20, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #105 of 904
i don't really mind. there will be a cm . i am almost sure of that. in fact moto encourages rom's afaik. just don't brick it lol.

Motorola does NOT support dev communities. They were the first ones to introduce locked bootloaders to android and continue to be the only ones that never (except for the atrix) have unlockable bootloaders. The only way around the locked bootloader is with 2nd init, which introduces MANY bugs, as seen on the DROID x, and makes it so that you can't run custom kernels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back