.....and, I'm up for air!
Oct 24, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #226 of 273
Thanks for the update for those of us who are not part of Facebook.
I'm not a part of Facebook. The pictures are public, meaning you can access them without an account. I wish that site would burn lol.

Oct 24, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #228 of 273
I clicked on the photos and videos tabs, but not granted access without a Facebook account and sign-in.
Same for me. I quit Facebook 2 years ago. I understand why some people use it but it’s contribution to society is a net negative IMO

Oct 24, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #229 of 273
I clicked on the photos and videos tabs, but not granted access without a Facebook account and sign-in.
It's because you are using mobile view. Change your browser to desktop view and click again. Facebook is.. special.

Jan 7, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #231 of 273
Last I heard Tyll is living peacefully in the AZ desert. This is as of the end of 2021.

Mar 6, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #233 of 273
I heard he stopped by CanJam NYC on the first day! Hawaiian shirt and all! I didn’t see him myself though… Tyll sightings are becoming sort of a legend. Move over Bigfoot!

Apr 10, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #234 of 273
I heard he stopped by CanJam NYC on the first day! Hawaiian shirt and all! I didn’t see him myself though… Tyll sightings are becoming sort of a legend. Move over Bigfoot!
No, that didn't happen.

Apr 10, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #237 of 273
Thanks, I'm okay. My hips are screwed and I spent last summer in Montana getting it all lined up for this summer having both hips replaced. My son and daughter share a house with a spare bedroom, so I'll have a great place to recuperate and have support.

Currently, I'm camped a few miles west of Beatty NV right on the border with California and Death Valley waiting for warmer weather up North. Probably be here and headed toward Montana about the 20th. First doctors appt is May 2, right hip operation will be May 23, left hip July 27. I'll be recovered well enough to drive by mid-Oct when I'll begin working my way south again.

Apr 10, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #238 of 273
Thanks, I'm okay. My hips are screwed and I spent last summer in Montana getting it all lined up for this summer having both hips replaced. My son and daughter share a house with a spare bedroom, so I'll have a great place to recuperate and have support.

Currently, I'm camped a few miles west of Beatty NV right on the border with California and Death Valley waiting for warmer weather up North. Probably be here and headed toward Montana about the 20th. First doctors appt is May 2, right hip operation will be May 23, left hip July 27. I'll be recovered well enough to drive by mid-Oct when I'll begin working my way south again.
Glad to hear you are hanging in there, despite having to deal with hip issues. It's a shame you had to wait as well - I'm guessing insurance delay or some number that has to be met. Seems to usually be the case anyways.

Apr 10, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #239 of 273
Had to wait until I was 65 and eligible for Medicare. My doc almost laughed at me in my face when I said, "So, i'm qualified for Medicare now and need to have my hips replaced." He said, "Let's start with the xrays. We have to jump through all the hoops of possible cheaper alternatives before the Feds will approve major surgery. The next week when I went in he took one look at the xrays and said, "Yeah, no problem you're bone on bone on both sides. There's no physical therapy or half measures for you, you need replacements on both sides.

Ah well, payment for being an overly enthusiastic fat guy. Carnival rides look like crap if you don't take care of them regularly.

Apr 10, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #240 of 273
Had to wait until I was 65 and eligible for Medicare. My doc almost laughed at me in my face when I said, "So, i'm qualified for Medicare now and need to have my hips replaced." He said, "Let's start with the xrays. We have to jump through all the hoops of possible cheaper alternatives before the Feds will approve major surgery. The next week when I went in he took one look at the xrays and said, "Yeah, no problem you're bone on bone on both sides. There's no physical therapy or half measures for you, you need replacements on both sides.

Ah well, payment for being an overly enthusiastic fat guy. Carnival rides look like crap if you don't take care of them regularly.
Good luck Tyll with your surgeries. Hope the recovery is quick and you can be back enjoying your retirement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back