An Interview with Daniel Sennheiser - Head-Fi TV
Mar 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

In this episode of Head-Fi TV, we interview Co-CEO of Sennheiser, Daniel Sennheiser, about the company, its products, and its future.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. Sennheiser HD 800 over-ear headphone
  2. Sennheiser RS 220 wireless headphone
  3. Sennheiser MOMENTUM over-ear headphone
  4. Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear on-ear headphone
  5. Sennheiser HDVA 600 desktop headphone amplifier
  6. Sennheiser HDVD 800 desktop headphone amplifier and DAC
  7. Sennheiser HD 700 over-ear headphone
  8. Sennheiser IE 800 universal-fit in-ear monitor

An Interview with Daniel Sennheiser - Head-Fi TV produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 28
What great timing for me.... I purchased a set of Momentums about 5-weeks ago and have been very happy with them.  

I like how Sennheiser has seen the need to explore the 'looks' of mid-tier headphones to help compete against the likes of Beats, Monster, DNA, etc.  Personally I think those manufacturers will find their looks get dated very quickly and will have to constantly strive to out-do themselves and their competitors.

Sennheiser has taken a far less aggressive approach, which I fully appreciate.  There is definitely an eye for style for the Momentum and Momentum On Ear brands, but they look adult.  Beats and the others look too much like toys... and like they are trying to hard... screaming "look at me... look at me!"

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #7 of 28
  No information was given during this video.

I tried to squeeze the product roadmap for the next two years out of him, but he wasn't having it. 
wink.gif

Jude, are the video features no longer available for download as a podcast? I checked on Itunes and they are no longer around.

Due to upload quotas to that service, videos put on YouTube are sometimes delayed, but they will be uploaded there.

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 28
Oh OK, Jude..... not on Itunes any longer? I used to love downloading them to the Ipad!! (I'd take them away with me when away from home, touring!!!) Seen them all now though!!

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #9 of 28
  Oh OK, Jude..... not on Itunes any longer? I used to love downloading them to the Ipad!! (I'd take them away with me when away from home, touring!!!) Seen them all now though!!

Sorry, iancraig10, I just re-read my previous post, and it wasn't very clear. The service we use to host our videos for iTunes downloads has an upload quota, which we usually hit each month. As the quota clears, we upload more videos to it; so, though delayed, all of our videos eventually make it to iTunes.

Sorry for being unclear (and sorry for the delayed uploads).

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #12 of 28
Nice interview Jude. Never thought I'd say thus but the HD800 has seduced me in a way I never thought possible (and by that I mean the detail that it has to offer). Kudos to Senn.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #13 of 28
I like this guy, supporting Sennheiser with my most expensive headphones ive ever bought (CX 215
etysmile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back