An extremely stupid question regarding to headphone amp (Neutrik XLR Phone Jack)
Apr 24, 2007 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DSlayerZX

500+ Head-Fier
I received my amp few weeks ago, I am very satisfy with the quality of the amp. How ever, here is my little question.

On the Neutrik XLR Phone Jack. There is a metal looking plate located on the top part of the phone jack. You can push it down by applying just a bit of force, may I ask you guys... what exactly does that stuff do.
blink.gif

PS: I also found that the HP100 is actually a forgiving amp. Because I am current connecting my amp to x-fi sound card. and I sometimes there will be static sound coming from the sound card. (the problem can be fix by just simply turning off the computer, so I don't think is a big of a deal)
The static was very noticeable with my H5. How ever, today while listening to music. it took me a song or two to realized that there are some static in the back ground. I guess that is a good thing for being forgiving as am amp, right?
confused.gif

Over all, I love the amp, but because of it, I am start thinking of getting a better source,.... still can not decide what to get though.
redface.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #2 of 3
There are no stupid questions... The part you are referring to is a lock release. When you insert an XLR cable into the jack, the cable is "locked" in place so it is not accidentally removed. Press that tab and the cable can be removed.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartBomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are no stupid questions... The part you are referring to is a lock release. When you insert an XLR cable into the jack, the cable is "locked" in place so it is not accidentally removed. Press that tab and the cable can be removed.

x2. I was wondering the same, too, re those tabs. Thanx SB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back