An even DORKIER hobby.
Jun 27, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #31 of 44
I used to play Warhammer back in the day... maybe 10 years ago. I had a pretty sweet Chaos Marines/Demons of Slanesh army.

It was pretty fun at the time, but it doesn't really hold a candle to a well handled table top roleplaying game. I basically spend my 'roleplaying geek time' with WoD products now... though we occasionally bust out D&D and play a freeform game with an epic storyline for nostalgic reasons. D&D can get tiresome though as I find it too rule intensive. We usually just end up forgetting about the rules.
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Being in your mid 30's, living in your mom's basement, catching all the Pokemon(cards, video games, paraphenalia, etc.). Now that's so dorky

DON'T JUDGE ME!!

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Fine punk, but my photo skills totally suck. I think this one looks much better in person.

dwarf1.jpg

Oh, and that thing's less than an inch high.

Jun 27, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
DON'T JUDGE ME!!

R
O
F
L
M
A
O
!
Hehe, honestly I was into Pokemon myself, a few months before it hit stateside and then when crap started to boom I was outta there. The game's concept wasn't bad though. To its merit, I liked the mechanics and the fact that people actually could battle each other, though the process was too slow. It was a shame though, I only had a Super Game Boy cart for the SNES at the time so I couldn't do 2 player matches hardly ever. It didn't matter though, because I was, and will always be, a geek that gets his gameboy fix with Final Fantasy Adventure
smily_headphones1.gif
That game was a crowning achievement for adventure RPG's, IMO.

I'm a uber l33t FFAnatic mwa ha ha
tongue.gif

600smile.gif
Abe

Jun 27, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #35 of 44
Bit Char-G was SO 2003! I had the Mach 5 version, the KITT version, the DIY motors, killed pens to get the springs, scraped resistors off the boards of the car and remote to extend the range, the whole deal. I even got my friend the Initial D version for his office. And then I got bored and gave them all to my cousins
icon10.gif

And the LED mods were for wusses - that stuff just drained batteries and increased body weight
evil_smiley.gif
But yes I did make a muffler from a pen tip and a grill from some mesh because I was badass like that. You heard me - BADASS!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #36 of 44
Back in high school, some underclassman randomly challenged me to a pokemon card duel at the end of lunch period. I didn't know what the hell was going on.

(I don't play card games involving talking rats and/or evil wizards)

Jun 27, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #37 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Bit Char-G was SO 2003! I had the Mach 5 version, the KITT version, the DIY motors, killed pens to get the springs, scraped resistors off the boards of the car and remote to extend the range, the whole deal. I even got my friend the Initial D version for his office. And then I got bored and gave them all to my cousins
icon10.gif

And the LED mods were for wusses - that stuff just drained batteries and increased body weight
evil_smiley.gif
But yes I did make a muffler from a pen tip and a grill from some mesh because I was badass like that. You heard me - BADASS!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hehe, awesome! You weren't a regular over at BitPimps, were you? They tout stuff like that. My crowning achievements would be my FD3S Mazdaspeed RX7(super bit style, it's so choice
smily_headphones1.gif
), my Tamiya Kakegawa Circuit (I built the sucker to be scale to the same track in Auto Modellista), I had a few chassis with pullback wheels and tires added for better control, but nothing really outlandish. I wanted to build a stretch pimped out Nissan Gloria Limousine with two chassis together at the front and back, but I never got around to it. It is still a very valid project should I decide to tackle it once again though. My favorite mod is this 80 mah nimh battery that comes out of a flight pack that you separate into individual cells and drop into your cars. 3 minutes of charge yields 25 minutes of play, off one battery!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Back in high school, some underclassman randomly challenged me to a pokemon card duel at the end of lunch period. I didn't know what the hell was going on.

(I don't play card games involving talking rats and/or evil wizards)

Haha, I would have been like, "Bring it on, bi***!" even if I didn't have the cards to duel with. And then I would pull out my other deck of cards, and my Ace of Spades and One Eyed Jack would whoop his punk ass LOL.
600smile.gif
Abe

Jun 27, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
That's not the dorkiest hobby. Being in your mid 30's, living in your mom's basement, catching all the Pokemon(cards, video games, paraphenalia, etc.). Now that's so dorky that anyone that aspires to such heights of dorkdom will have to give up women(or the possibility thereof), their job if they had one to begin with, the sun, and their social life, all in the pursuit of single phrased anime animals that fit in compact balls
tongue.gif

600smile.gif
Abe

that's basicly one of my brother, he play game so much but wouldnt even go to learn about new gen games like fps and challenge himself, still playing old ones. if you show him a hot naked girl right in front of him it makes zero impact.

i've never heard of warhammer until today.

Jun 27, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
that's basicly one of my brother, he play game so much but wouldnt even go to learn about new gen games like fps and challenge himself, still playing old ones. if you show him a hot naked girl right in front of him it makes zero impact.

i've never heard of warhammer until today.

He sounds like he wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is was real test. He believes that to train them is his cause.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
He might have the dreaded Pokitis(similar to Catchemism), a degenerative disease that keeps kids away from life thinking they are on some stupid kiddie collector quest. Luckily not contageous, though can lead to being overweight, gaut, profuse weating, loss of manners, loss of social skills, bowel control, self control, remote control, game control, volume control, and of course the dreaded mud butt, LOL
tongue.gif

Don't let your brother get the Pokitis
biggrin.gif

600smile.gif
Abe

Jun 27, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #40 of 44
I used to be interested in this kind of stuff, but it's far too time consuming. Each figure requires about half an hour to an hour of work depending on how complex it is. The vehicles and large monsters can take anywhere from a few solid days to weeks to paint. I realise the satisfaction and fun that this hobby can bring, but I simply don't have the time. I enjoy looking at those keenly painted examples at the Warhammer shops though!

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #41 of 44
I've gone through Tamiya Cars, Pokemon, collecting catalogues (YEP), Gundam figurines, collected gaming magazines, still collecting electronic stuff.

It's no wonder that I haven't got myself a girl/boyfriend etc.
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
I've gone through Tamiya Cars, Pokemon, collecting catalogues (YEP), Gundam figurines, collected gaming magazines, still collecting electronic stuff.

It's no wonder that I haven't got myself a girl/boyfriend etc.
tongue.gif

Nah, the right person can look through your dorkiness. I've built 3 Perfect Grade Gundam, all in the span of the last two years that I've been with my girlfriend.

Jun 27, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Nah, the right person can look through your dorkiness. I've built 3 Perfect Grade Gundam, all in the span of the last two years that I've been with my girlfriend.

I don't know, I mean when they find out I rather meddle with foam earpads to coax better sound out of headphones than hanging out...
tongue.gif

uberdork!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back