An East San Diego mini-meet this summer? A poll.
May 31, 2008 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

juniperlater

1000+ Head-Fier
I am thinking of setting up a mini-meet here in La Mesa if I can get enough interest generated. I have a space, but it is not free. We will need to have entrance dues to cover that.

What I ask from you is to vote in the poll and then post if there is any gear you would be able to bring.

I personally would be willing to bring:

- AKG k701
- FrankenGrado 2325 (Canare recabled)
- Modded SR60
- Vintage SR60
- Little Dot II
- Psathine (Yaqin) Tube Buffer
- Pioneer PD-91 CD Player
- Tributaries Series 9 power cables
- KnuKonceptz RCAs

Let me know what you all think.

May 31, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 25
I can bring whatever I have in my sig. It really depends what day it's on though since I'm going to be gone on vacation during the summer for a little.

Jun 2, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #6 of 25
I'll randomly suggest the July 19th because I can't go on the 12th or the 26th.

Actually I might be able to make the 26th because I could go from comic-con (ends at 7) to the mini-meet, assuming they're close.

I would prefer the 19th though. Any other suggestions?

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #9 of 25
I could come and bring some gear as well.

I've done a lot of 2-3 person mini-meets and they were really fun, but that's in part due to the fact that we had a lot of high-end gear. Even if we couldn't get the people, as long as there is a lot of nice gear it will be a fun meet.

Jun 6, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 25
I can do the afternoon at my house on July 26th. Maybe 1pm to 4pm? What do you guys think? Then we could head down the street to the pub. I could only get the wife to sign off on three hours. PM me if you guys want to RSVP and get directions, etc. closer to the date.

Jun 6, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #12 of 25
I can't make the 26th for a wedding in the MidWest. I can't do the weekend of 4/5/6th either, trackday on motorcycle.

I want to try out other stuff though, would like to get out to this meet.

I can bring a slightly modded Creek 6060 integrated, Magnavox CDB610, Townshend Elite Rock table, Marantz mid-fi tuner, AKG K240 Sextett, a decent Technics receiver, cheaper Technics tuner,and set of Etymotic ER4S and Shure SE210s. Of course I have a stock 5G Apple iPod running all 320 or apple lossless files.

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #14 of 25
I also have some (3X pairs) interconnects, the best being some silver Tara Labs.

I have a Cardas phono on the Elite Rock, and a Grado cart.

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #15 of 25
I might be able to hop along for a ride with M.Munkey on the 19th down to SD. Not sure yet. It would basically be shooting for when I return from abroad and before my jury duty starts. The $5 sponsor is fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back