An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Dec 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #5,071 of 9,499
During all that's been going on lately, I've completely overlooked something. I have one of Paul Walker's Skylines.
blink.gif
This morning we talked about moving it up on the timetable and sorting it, ASAP.

What does it look like? I remember at some point that you had found a Skyline that was LHD, is that the one?

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #5,073 of 9,499
As seen on Twitter and imgur today......

Caption was,"Jeremy Clarkson as a young girl". 

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #5,074 of 9,499
We talked about that, and I'm glad we hadn't gotten to it yet, because they were going to strip off the old stickers, replace some of the worn carpeting, and take out the ridiculous *boom* *boom* stereo (really, Paul?), but now we're going to leave it all intact and simply clean it and service all the mechanicals. It's not like it's lacking for power, anyway, it puts down >700whp as it is (sans NOS), if anything we were going to detune it a little, to make it more manageable on the street. We still might, to insure that when it is driven there's less of a chance that it could get damaged.

Maybe you can change the *boom* *boom* stereo with a set of Focal Utopia Be No°7 Kit. 
biggrin.gif

At least, 700whp is perfectly reasonable for an R34 GT-R. Those RB26DETT engines can hold a lot more.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #5,076 of 9,499
Dec 2, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #5,077 of 9,499
I think I read somewhere that the Panamera is one of the better selling model lines for Porsche. That's also sad.

I find that difficult to believe. There is only one round here and usually there are a dozen of everything nearby. Have to admit, though, it's pretty spiffy for a Hyundai
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #5,078 of 9,499
OK, maybe my information is old or wrong or both - it looks like Panamera sales are down in 2013 because people are waiting for the 2014.
http://wardsauto.com/vehicle-test-drives/sales-boost-expected-refreshed-panamera

I think it's a horrible looking car. The only Porsche I can think of that was uglier was the 928.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #5,080 of 9,499
Maybe you can change the *boom* *boom* stereo with a set of Focal Utopia Be No°7 Kit. :D

At least, 700whp is perfectly reasonable for an R34 GT-R. Those RB26DETT engines can hold a lot more.

I figure all of that was installed to his preference, so I'm going to leave it be and treat it like it's his car but he loaned it to me while he's on vacation. I'll make provisions for it to go to a museum at some point, but for now I'm going to drive it.

There's headroom for the NOS (under-seat tanks on the passenger side, of course), an extra 200bhp of it).

What does it look like? I remember at some point that you had found a Skyline that was LHD, is that the one?

That's the one, of course, at the time "formerly owned by Paul Walker" wasn't as much of a big deal.

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #5,083 of 9,499
I figure all of that was installed to his preference, so I'm going to leave it be and treat it like it's his car but he loaned it to me while he's on vacation. I'll make provisions for it to go to a museum at some point, but for now I'm going to drive it.

There's headroom for the NOS (under-seat tanks on the passenger side, of course), an extra 200bhp of it).
That's the one, of course, at the time "formerly owned by Paul Walker" wasn't as much of a big deal.

Wow that is a mint GTR 
biggrin.gif
 They would be pretty hard to find......... 
As a first car I would love an GTR something like an R33 since they are the cheapest......

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #5,085 of 9,499

Love that shade of blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back