An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Nov 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #811 of 9,499
Nov 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #812 of 9,499
So did you sell your wives VW beetle to make space for the supercars? Im sure a ferrari will work as a daily run about......

No, no. As much as she loves the 360, she doesn't want it to be a DD. Leaving it at school, unattended, for that long is a really bad idea. We had a new security system installed (it didn't have one at all, What?) but even then... It's her weekend car. The Beetle and Mini are her daily go-to vehicles.

Sorry - I didn't mean to dis the Vanquish S, I just REALLY like that Ferrari. I would probably be sitting in it all night making Vroom-Vroom noises!

She did that, she really did. She sat there going, "Looook, I'm Michael Schuuuumacher!" with Pablo chihuahua in the passenger seat. The Vanq and the Ferrari are two very different cars. The latter is like a rapier; sharp, precise, and balanced. The former is a hammer; an indelicate, stormcloud grey, 4200lb, splitting maul. I like them both. :)

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #813 of 9,499
Quote:
I think if you are going to keep the Beetle in that stable, it needs a few "minor" modifications...

Enough to do this? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #814 of 9,499
The guy on top gear was write the porsche really is just a squished wide-body beetle.  The white car is proof of that.

I say turn it into an old school dune buggy.

Your super beetle is nice but can it outrun a fwd1985 Plymouth Reliant with a stock 8 valve head?

Actually I just wanted an excuse to post that....  It makes me smile every time I see it.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #817 of 9,499
So, hmm... now the electrical and dash work begins. Yikes, that looks... well... :eek:

Glad I'm not doing it.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #818 of 9,499
So, hmm... now the electrical and dash work begins. Yikes, that looks... well... :eek:

Glad I'm not doing it.

That's the Aston? Yikes. That's why I think classic cars with excellent interiors are undervalued. That's got to be more work than fixing a bashed fender.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #819 of 9,499
It's bad, ugh. That's what happens when it sits out in the weather with a window busted out, for 15 years.

Also, I'm thinking about going with Silver Birch again, to kind of match the newer Aston. The blue isn't doing much for me anymore.

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #820 of 9,499
It's bad, ugh. That's what happens when it sits out in the weather with a window busted out, for 15 years.
Also, I'm thinking about going with Silver Birch again, to kind of match the newer Aston. The blue isn't doing much for me anymore.

I thought you voted against the James Bond thing? :p

Then again, do that up in silver, and all you need is a green XKR and you've got the entire set (I'm ignoring BMW and the Lotus because none of them survived).

Nov 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #822 of 9,499
I thought you voted against the James Bond thing? :p
Then again, do that up in silver, and all you need is a green XKR and you've got the entire set (I'm ignoring BMW and the Lotus because none of them survived).

Okay. After deliberating and looking at paint samples, we decided on Aston Racing Green:

I like it, it's different.

Nov 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #823 of 9,499
Quote:
Okay. After deliberating and looking at paint samples, we decided on Aston Racing Green:

I like it, it's different.

Any plans to add any Bond-like gadgets, just for shiits and giggles?  The rotating license plates wouldn't fool anyone, given that you'll likely have the only DB5 around...and machine guns and rocket launchers might be too enabling of  road rage...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back