An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Jan 2, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #5,386 of 9,499
Ah, regional differences. :) Over here it's usually an Audi or Mercedes that cuts you up violently or a Volvo that cuts you up only to hinder you for miles afterwards driving 10 mph below the limit. BMW and Porsche seem to harbor some of the more polite drivers.

But the worst drivers drive a Dacia Duster. It's the cheapest SUV-like thing on the market, made by Renault and priced well below even Hyundai or Ssangyong. When you see one of those coming your way, no securities in life are certain. They'll either hinder you, drive unnecessarily slow, cut you up, drive way too fast for the circumstances, talk on the phone while eating and smoking, try to run into you for claiming your right of way, illegally claim right of way or park up across two parking spaces (preferably reserved spaces for the handicapped). Someone a couple of houses down from my girl's home has one. He parks it on a deliberately muddy section of his front lawn to make it look more off-roady while it's a FWD 75 bhp 1.5 diesel with maybe 6 inches of true ground clearance. That's just sad.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #5,387 of 9,499
Ah, Ssangyong. I always forget they exist, and then when I take a trip to Europe I occasionally see one and have to remember what it is.

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #5,389 of 9,499
Out here the bane of my existence are the VW hippie van and the old landscaper pickup. I used to say that EVERY freeway jam where there is no actual accident can be traced to either a VW van or a pickup with lawnmowers, weedeaters and rakes hanging out the back. They aren't impolite, they are just in the way! :p

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #5,390 of 9,499
Out here the bane of my existence are the VW hippie van and the old landscaper pickup. I used to say that EVERY freeway jam where there is no actual accident can be traced to either a VW van or a pickup with lawnmowers, weedeaters and rakes hanging out the back. They aren't impolite, they are just in the way!
tongue.gif

VW vanagons.
rolleyes.gif
Not impolite, clueless. If your in a vehicle that gets defeated by a 2% grade stay in the right lane please.

Mid life crises Porsche penis substitute pilots.

"      "     "      Jaguar   "         "              "

Come to think of  it any mid lifer who's going to take it out on the road. Please don't. Keep your Santa Fe and drive it to a peeler joint and take your frustrations out there.

The 94 year old lady who pasted me broadside on my bike 27 days ago. Jebus how in hell do you keep a license when you cannot see?

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #5,392 of 9,499
How about the new Z/28? Pricing was announced, at $75,000. I was thinking about getting one, because it would probably go up in value... well, scratch that, they've already priced in 10 years worth of appreciation. That's more than a fully-loaded Stingray, with a +50hp Lingenfelter kit. Madness. :blink:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/03/2014-chevy-camaro-z28-75000-price/

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #5,393 of 9,499
BTW - I'm still waiting for a Canadian to explain the reasoning behind building a pickup out of ice...
tongue.gif

Foolish attempt to lure the Canadian Redneck market into stores?

How about the new Z/28? Pricing was announced, at $75,000. I was thinking about getting one, because it would probably go up in value... well, scratch that, they've already priced in 10 years worth of appreciation. That's more than a fully-loaded Stingray, with a +50hp Lingenfelter kit. Madness.
blink.gif

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/03/2014-chevy-camaro-z28-75000-price/

They cannot be serious with that pricing. How could GM release something priced higher than their flagship?

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #5,394 of 9,499
I know, the Chevy dealer called and asked if I wanted to come down and order, I told him to put down the crack pipe and call me when GM realizes it's $25k overpriced. Looks like I'm gonna get that ZL1 "stripper" (the only options on it are A/C and the COPO exhaust pack), that's still available in their showroom... if that tells you anything? You can't sell a Camaro for >50 grand, at least not to any sensible person.

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #5,395 of 9,499
I know, the Chevy dealer called and asked if I wanted to come down and order, I told him to put down the crack pipe and call me when GM realizes it's $25k overpriced. Looks like I'm gonna get that ZL1 "stripper" (the only options on it are A/C and the COPO exhaust pack), that's still available in their showroom... if that tells you anything? You can't sell a Camaro for >50 grand, at least not to any sensible person.

Did you ask him, just what market they targeted that car at? I'm suspecting people who just won a lottery and have never set eyes on anything but a Camaro. 75 grand buys a lot of car if one cares to look around.

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #5,396 of 9,499
It's the "Franklin Mint Instant Classic" school of marketing. Apparently, they think all of those Z28's will be bought and stored away. 20 years from now they will hit the market with all the plastic bags still on the seats.

I'm willing to bet that at least one member of the "Duck Dynasty" cast will order a Z28.

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #5,397 of 9,499
I'm sure Barret-Jackoff will be waiting in eager anticipation.

I suspect GM will be giving them away to cast members shortly in order to try and create some hype.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #5,399 of 9,499
It's this generation's "Indy Pace Car edition". You can't swing a dead cat at a Mecum auction without hitting one of those vettes, and none of them have more than 100 miles on them. Here's one, complete with a layer of dust "patina".

Pathetic. As with any other hobby, it's the speculators that ruin it for everyone.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #5,400 of 9,499
As with any other hobby, it's the speculators that ruin it for everyone.

Speculating is always what the other guy does - you only "invested" in bitcoin, right? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back