An analytical, balanced IEM with good treble/clarity ?
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Quote:

I hear a tossup between the RE0 and the SE530. The Shures are the more neutral phones, but the RE0s are brighter and clearer than anything I know.

Yeah, but $99 vs $250 should settle the tossup!

Only if you listen to nothing but flute music, because once you get out of the high treble, the Shures handle EVERYTHING better. Plus, the RE0s wither in the midbass, and die in the subbass.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only if you listen to nothing but flute music, because once you get out of the high treble, the Shures handle EVERYTHING better. Plus, the RE0s wither in the midbass, and die in the subbass.

That really depends on your ear. The OP wanted an "Analytical and balanced" IEM (if you've read the thread title). Yes, the SE530 has more bass/mid weight, but RE0 has a lot more details in bass, mids, and treble. I would recommend between the ER4S and RE0, but RE0 is a lot cheaper.

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromacro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That really depends on your ear. The OP wanted an "Analytical and balanced" IEM (if you've read the thread title). Yes, the SE530 has more bass/mid weight, but RE0 has a lot more details in bass, mids, and treble.

X2. It also has more clarity. I would consider the SE530 more of a fun iem with great sounding mids.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #35 of 35
OK I think I have made a decision, and I have you guys to thank for it.

I will most likely be getting an ER4S or and ER4P with an S converter. They seem like such a benchmark IEM even decades after their release that they must be doing something right, the ER4S is close enough to the PFEs for me to like them, and being able to switch between the P and S versions should give me some variety and cover me for when the Minibox E+ dies (speaking of which this morning the 'Charge' LED didn't respond, so it might have died already :frowning2: ).

And in the future I could always recable them with Apuresound cables if I ever convince myself to spend that much money.

Thank you for all the great advice :)

p.s i'll be on the lookout for RE0s on special offer as a backup earphone to just chuck in my bag !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back