An afternoon at Duggeh's
May 30, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #32 of 34
I have some questions about the sound that I am wondering if you could answer. You had said "when I played some complex orchestral music through them, such as the last movements of Shostakovich Violin Concerto No.1 and Symphony No.5. The bass slightly overpowers the rest of the sound spectrum". I do not listen to any orchestral music, but that comment leads me to believe the midrange is either recessed, veiled or in some way overpowered by the bass. I hate midrange that is veiled (HD650), recessed (A900) or overpowered (D5000). Would you ever consider the words veiled, recessed or overpowered to describe the midrange (including the lower and upper mids) of the H2? If yes, which ones and please go into detail. If no, how WOULD you describe the midrange?

Also, while I do enjoy a large soundstage, I do not like a weak or laid back sound. Would you consider the H2 to sound overall weak or laid back? I prefer good imaging (including decent depth) over a wide soundstage. How is the imaging anyway? Also, something important. How was the H2 at relatively low volumes (like 75-80dB)? It's not like any of those headphone that sound their best at 90dB+, is it? I don't care much about the highs as long as they are not fatiguing and sound half decent.

Also what power amp were you using? I am extremely curious as to how they would sound with some of the expensive and exotic class A designs that go well with the K1000. Also, I am very curious how they would sound balanced.

Also milkpowder, I think this thread would have been viewed much more and gotten much more response if it had been posted in the headphones section
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I wonder how they would sound with some of these "budget" K1000 amps, without that $800 transformer box:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back