Amsterdam trip
Feb 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michgelsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do? Interesting.
Traces of pot can stay in your body for weeks, stored in fat and then slowly released again.

Generally 3-4 weeks to be fully out of your system.

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's simply a quaint and beautiful city. It is so lovely and nice. The people are kind and French fries are the best, even better than in Paris. Lot's of really nice neighborhoods with good families and people. The city has a lot of charm.

I recommend strolling around neighborhoods and sit with locals where ever. People are friendly and welcoming. It's really one of the most beautiful cities.

I'm sorry, couldn't resist, just had to reply. I was born and lived most of my live in Amsterdam and really love it. But I really can't associate it with quaint, beautiful, lovely, friendly and nice
smile.gif
, however, it is very charming and has something special which makes it a great destination for a short trip.

You can make it as expensive as you like, and don't stay at the dam hotel
biggrin.gif

TripAdvisor's 2010 Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by basb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, couldn't resist, just had to reply. I was born and lived most of my live in Amsterdam and really love it. But I really can't associate it with quaint, beautiful, lovely, friendly and nice
smile.gif
, however, it is very charming and has something special which makes it a great destination for a short trip.

biggrin.gif

I understand what you mean but in comparison to other cities I've visited, Amsterdam is has it's unique loveliness that no other city has. But of course you say that with other cities too. The thing that I loved about Amsterdam alot is that it's a major city with a small town feel and that's rare with a lot of high profile cities.

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not the US army. IDF.
And I', planning on a trip that includes some museums. I think I'll buy that 72 hour I AMsterdam card. It's 58-. for a three day pass to many attractions and free public transportation.

10 internet credit says you will probably end up smoking pot all day.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by basb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

What dam hotel are you talking about?
ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif
lol

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #22 of 33
Go to Utrecht instead or an other big city because Amsterdam sucks. (I can know, I study there)
Only go to Amsterdam if you want to visit some whores, cannabis you can get in any other big city too

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rent a bike and get lost - best adventure ever... they also sell these little mushrooms in packets, eat them all, things get interesting.

They don't anymore, banned since a French tourist died after consuming it.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #24 of 33
Amsterdam >>> rest of the Netherlands. (I can know, I study there) The only city in this country where interesting things happen, or even just "things", the rest is 1 big village.
Of course, stay away from the Kalverstraat, that's all.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #25 of 33
The only things Amsterdam is known for are the drugs and the prostitutes.
Last time I was in the city two (different) drugssellers asked me I needed some stuff (I was waiting for some people)

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #26 of 33
Yesterday I walked into a toilet in a small town, and was both offered drugs and asked if I had some. That is our country, and it doesn't bother me. That Amsterdam is known for drugs and sex doesn't mean it has nothing else to offer. It is a nice city
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi..
I'll be finishing high school next month and I have my finals at June-July.
Me and 2 friends thought about having a trip to Amsterdam before we join the army.
How much money do you think you need to save up for a 3-4 day vacation in Amsterdam around October? not including flights.
Thanks!

There's 2 ways to look at the city:

Save 50 euros and either:
- Rent a bike for a few days and explore the canals and the lovely country-side
- Rent "a bike" for 30 minutes

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's 2 ways to look at the city:

Save 50 euros and either:
- Rent a bike for a few days and explore the canals and the lovely country-side
- Rent "a bike" for 30 minutes

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

tongue_smile.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't anymore, banned since a French tourist died after consuming it.

This is false. You can buy magic "truffles" in Amsterdam. I was just there last week, very fun time =).

Feb 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #30 of 33
If you get tired of the touristy stuff and if you like symphonic music, grab last minute tickets at the Concertgebouw, you won't regret your experience.

3580425133_29476391c4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back