Amps the size of the Fiio E5 but... better
Jul 6, 2011 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bkchurch

Head-Fier
So after a long hard fought internal struggle the HiFiMan RE262 beat out the Fischer Audio DBA-02 for my future IEMs. My original plan was to use these with my phone and a Fiio E5 with services like Amazon Cloud Storage and MOG (and pretty soon Spotify *girlish scream*). The phone/streaming services plan still stands but now I'm feeling iffy on the E5. The IEMs have a 150 ohm impedance so they're not hard to drive but I imagine they will require some kind of amp. I don't know if the E5 is up to the task. Moreover I've used my E5 for other things in the past and though it does it's job reasonably well I wouldn't call it great. It's got a bit of hiss too it and just doesn't sound very clean.

I really want something the size of the E5; I will not carry around an amp the size of my phone, it's just cumbersome. However I'd love something small and light like the E5 that produces a cleaner signal, preferably with a clip like the E5's. I'm willing to pay more, maybe up to $100 if the amp in question is good enough. Any recommendations are welcome and appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back