Amplifier for balanced Grados
May 1, 2007 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

larryminator

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking about recabling my RS-1 to make them balanced. I would like to go balanced but I'm not sure yet. I also see in the future some PS-1 (and surely, recabling them balanced also)

I have those choice: Melos SHA-Gold (not balanced) or ??? with balanced output

Should I buy a Melos SHA-Gold and forget about balancing RS-1 and PS-1 or what should I buy for the RS-1 and eventually PS-1 balanced. Let's say a budget max 1200$US.

I saw those choices: GS-X, desktop balanced, Rudistor, gilmore reference, but which one sounds best BALANCED with Grados? I can't find any comparisons in the archives...

Thanks

May 1, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking about recabling my RS-1 to make them balanced. I would like to go balanced but I'm not sure yet. I also see in the future some PS-1 (and surely, recabling them balanced also)

Would you please share your secret on the reason why you wanted to have your RS-1 balanced ? Is "balanced" really good for cans like Grado or AT ?

May 1, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 12
I use a balanced Dynahi with my RS1 because I like the power and speed of it. I use the benchmark DAC1 as the source also for it's speed. This gives me plenty of bass slam and has been great for over two years now. I also have a balanced Dynalo which has a little less power and bass slam so I use the balanced Dynahi almost all the time.

May 1, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 12
I'm about to get my Alessandro MS Pros (RS1s) balanced to work with a Headroom Desktop. I have also heared that balanced Grados sound great... I will find out soon. BTW, I assume that RS1s can just be re-terminated and do not need a re-cable to go balanced.

May 2, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 12
yes
rs1bal.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back