Amping Fuze HO okay?
Feb 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #31 of 40
I will gladly report my impressions but i have to let you know that will i only have the lowly FIIO E5 to use it with for quite a while where i'm currently living! I will (relatively) soon get me some Audioengine 5 (or mackie mr5, not sure yet) and a Headstage Arrow amp (even later) to use the LOD with, which should be much better to assess the sound quality differences provided by the LOD. Also my better earphones are probably gonna be the panasonics HJE900 for quite a while, before i get myself some MTP copper (which im not sure are much better) or CK10 as my next IEM up(or side)grade.
The Fuze LOD is a long-term investment for me

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #32 of 40
oh dont worry i'm in no rush when you do decide to get a quality amp. i kind of regret going ampless but at the same time i like the added portability. my next purchase probably will be some kind of iem (considering between ck90pro, ortofon eq7, mtp copper or a custom from UM). I'll have to see if I get an iem that benefits well from amping first :p

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, i dont think guido is a biaised "joe fan", simply a very satisfied customer willing to share a very positive experience, but you Kunalraiker sure look like a zealous "joe hater" and your posts actually really ooze of ill blood & immaturity ! You're in australia and joe is in california, so he cant possibly have done any real-life personal thing that could warrant so much resentment... where does this bitterness come from? Why do you try so hard to steer any potential customer away from him?

Like i've said i've done my research before settling on joe's higher-end LOD, and i'm not the kind of guy spending money for meaningless improvements, i'm ALWAYS looking for the best value i can get (I really dont have money to burn on audiophile snake oil, most bang for my buck is my motto...)

Ive considered taking the DIY route, but i know i dont have the skills (2 left hands here), experience (zero in electronics, never soldered anything) and time to get the same result average_joe achieved after many months of trial & error, improvements in components selection, or, to put it in other words : Research and Development. Its not only about the cost of the components.

Quoting Clieos in the DIY LOD thread, "The point is, the choice of cap plays a role in the final sound as well as they all have different flavor of them own". Based on rock_scissor_paper LODs very positive feedback in that thread, (check for instance f4phantom2500 quick impressions here and woody's detailed review there ), I trust average_joe to have selected the best sounding caps for his better, more expensive LODs, and i suspect they can even have gotten better now with a few more months of experimenting with more, different components. Everybody seems to accept and recognise that R&D time and costs aren't free, so companies charge more for better products, right? Do parts for a RSA amp cost that much more than for a Fiio E7? Probably not, but are people up in arms about the cost of a RSA amp?
Like most people, Im willing to pay more for a better end result. What i dont like and avoid as much as i can is paying for inflated marketing and communication costs that do not contribute to the product's final quality.

Now its simple common sense to doubt that average_joe would so easily disclose what parts to use, since this information represents the end result of a year of experimenting and learning and as such, a legitimate trade secret.
About using neutrik plugs vs more expensive ones such as viablu, i'm even pretty sure average_joe has some good reason for that, other than cost. Now i know i'm coming out a little too enthusiatic and confident about my purchase, but I'm quite obsessive with researching before buying something, and if you take a look at average_joe post history, you'll see he comes out first as a real passionate portable hifi enthusiast, which is what makes me confident about the love and care he puts in designing his stuff.

Like i said before, i've done a LOT of research and comparisons between the different offers before deciding on which to drop my hard-earned cash, and the cheaper compicat LOD did grab my attention... but while i think compicatx LOD is fairly reasonably priced considering the components used, im not a big fan of the obvious typical cheap marketing tricks used in the product description :

"This cable is not the one you can find everytime. Hurry up!"...... But there are 27 left.

Here is another one : "When you use this cable, you will taste the warm of copper and the great details of silver together." Again, take a look a that thread to see what several people have to say about this misleading statement that, using a poster's words in this thread, have certainly helped ALO to make a lot of money :

And more.......

While its part of the selling game, I dislike when a seller tries to fool me with cheap used cars salesman tricks and always favor a honest, factual argumentation that shows some respect for my intelligence.

Also, I dont see how Kunal can recommend this one at 45$ while saying Joe's higher end one is overpriced at 80$. Here is a link to the caps compicat uses in his LOD : Elna RFS SilmicII- Silk fiber and foil electrolytic audio capacitor which are $0.50 for both. And you also have to consider what kind of solder is used... Tin solder to go with silver plated wire, which does not have the properties that are listed according to head-fi members? He's also using the same neutrik plugs used by rock_scissor_paper. Like I pointed earlier, the cable and caps are obviously of a much lesser quality, and I personally confidently suspect that average_joe has also put far much more time, thoughts and care in the overall design of his LOD for optimal sound quality.

I cant beleive i've written so much only to justify my purchase researches and choice, but i know average_joe is not allowed to post in this thread so i had to counter Kunalraider weird, embittered attacks. Now you have more information to make your own choice.

Thank you very much. I know Joe appreciates our support. the key word you used is Joe's PASSION for the love of audio.I'd rather support someone looking out for us,in the sense of trying to get the most SQ out of your gear with his LOD. instead of trying to make a misleading dollar.I support the underlying cause of the whole thing, and will continue to do so.Its all about HI FI with Joe. And thats the reason i joined this forum, the never ending quest for the best possible SQ. Even if it costs a little more.

regards

Sam

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #34 of 40
OHHHH MANNNN!!

I just sold my Sony X-Series but Average Joe's LOD have been sold out?

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly off-topic guys hahaha .
I just wanna know if it's okay to amp the headphone out .

Sure not a problem, I had mine that way until i got my LOD. The HPO lacks SQ IMO though.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, i dont think guido is a biaised "joe fan", simply a very satisfied customer willing to share a very positive experience, but you Kunalraiker sure look like a zealous "joe hater" and your posts actually really ooze of ill blood & immaturity ! You're in australia and joe is in california, so he cant possibly have done any real-life personal thing that could warrant so much resentment... where does this bitterness come from? Why do you try so hard to steer any potential customer away from him?

Like i've said i've done my research before settling on joe's higher-end LOD, and i'm not the kind of guy spending money for meaningless improvements, i'm ALWAYS looking for the best value i can get (I really dont have money to burn on audiophile snake oil, most bang for my buck is my motto...)

Ive considered taking the DIY route, but i know i dont have the skills (2 left hands here), experience (zero in electronics, never soldered anything) and time to get the same result average_joe achieved after many months of trial & error, improvements in components selection, or, to put it in other words : Research and Development. Its not only about the cost of the components.

Quoting Clieos in the DIY LOD thread, "The point is, the choice of cap plays a role in the final sound as well as they all have different flavor of them own". Based on rock_scissor_paper LODs very positive feedback in that thread, (check for instance f4phantom2500 quick impressions here and woody's detailed review there ), I trust average_joe to have selected the best sounding caps for his better, more expensive LODs, and i suspect they can even have gotten better now with a few more months of experimenting with more, different components. Everybody seems to accept and recognise that R&D time and costs aren't free, so companies charge more for better products, right? Do parts for a RSA amp cost that much more than for a Fiio E7? Probably not, but are people up in arms about the cost of a RSA amp?
Like most people, Im willing to pay more for a better end result. What i dont like and avoid as much as i can is paying for inflated marketing and communication costs that do not contribute to the product's final quality.

Now its simple common sense to doubt that average_joe would so easily disclose what parts to use, since this information represents the end result of a year of experimenting and learning and as such, a legitimate trade secret.
About using neutrik plugs vs more expensive ones such as viablu, i'm even pretty sure average_joe has some good reason for that, other than cost. Now i know i'm coming out a little too enthusiatic and confident about my purchase, but I'm quite obsessive with researching before buying something, and if you take a look at average_joe post history, you'll see he comes out first as a real passionate portable hifi enthusiast, which is what makes me confident about the love and care he puts in designing his stuff.

Like i said before, i've done a LOT of research and comparisons between the different offers before deciding on which to drop my hard-earned cash, and the cheaper compicat LOD did grab my attention... but while i think compicatx LOD is fairly reasonably priced considering the components used, im not a big fan of the obvious typical cheap marketing tricks used in the product description :

"This cable is not the one you can find everytime. Hurry up!"...... But there are 27 left.

Here is another one : "When you use this cable, you will taste the warm of copper and the great details of silver together." Again, take a look a that thread to see what several people have to say about this misleading statement that, using a poster's words in this thread, have certainly helped ALO to make a lot of money :

And more.......

While its part of the selling game, I dislike when a seller tries to fool me with cheap used cars salesman tricks and always favor a honest, factual argumentation that shows some respect for my intelligence.

Also, I dont see how Kunal can recommend this one at 45$ while saying Joe's higher end one is overpriced at 80$. Here is a link to the caps compicat uses in his LOD : Elna RFS SilmicII- Silk fiber and foil electrolytic audio capacitor which are $0.50 for both. And you also have to consider what kind of solder is used... Tin solder to go with silver plated wire, which does not have the properties that are listed according to head-fi members? He's also using the same neutrik plugs used by rock_scissor_paper. Like I pointed earlier, the cable and caps are obviously of a much lesser quality, and I personally confidently suspect that average_joe has also put far much more time, thoughts and care in the overall design of his LOD for optimal sound quality.

I cant beleive i've written so much only to justify my purchase researches and choice, but i know average_joe is not allowed to post in this thread so i had to counter Kunalraider weird, embittered attacks. Now you have more information to make your own choice.

Hi Everybody,

Firstly, i dont wanna get in this discussion. Just wanted to explain something. Thank you daouda for your detailed thoughts.

Here i begin from here:
And more.......

I m not a guy who tries to fool people with cheap used cars salesman tricks. I m just a student who tries to do his best in this area. 45 dollars is a good price for a sansa fuze lod and i ve explained all the details in advertisement.

Secondly, when i started to sell this lods, there was only 5 quantities in my hands. I may not be in the position to continue this lod. I live in Turkey. Parts, shipping etc. are always problem for me. Thats why i wrote "This cable is not the one you can find everytime. Hurry up!".

Thirdly, you cant say "compicatx uses these caps" without getting any information from me. The caps in the links are not the ones i use. I use Elna caps, but not that one. About solder and this biased saying "And you also have to consider what kind of solder is used... Tin solder to go with silver plated wire, which does not have the properties that are listed according to head-fi members?" i m using mundorf silver/gold solder on all joint points in my products. Just wanted to explain. I m saying again, you cant say anything about me and my products. Did you ever take my product? or do you know what materials i exactly use? you dont. so, talking like you know everything about my product is not kind and not my behaviour actually. You can discuss who is using tin solder now if you are capable of understanding that by only looking pictures (!)

And caps, while you re underestimating Elna caps, i dont even wanna ask you that do have any idea about film caps' prices. Just check it, and make your calculation after it. Just a suggestion
wink.gif

All people i ve made transaction before know that i m trying to do my best for best prices. my aim is making best price/performance products. I always mention it in my ads. I always did my best for my customers. Any people -even the ones who accuse me with fooling people- can see what i ve done before by checking my feedbacks

As i said before, i just wanted to explain something. I dont know Average Joe, but i respect every DIYers in the world. Everybody is trying to do their best. Due to my position, i m not eligible to compare the sansa fuze lods in the market.. Your opinions will be helpful for anyone who wanna purchase sansa fuze lod. I only want people not to heed biased writing like above. I m really having trouble to understand how a person -who doesnt even have my product- can make such definite determinations. Just check my feedbacks or see reviews about my products. Btw daouda, you should do that too before being so sure about my products.

Thanks.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #39 of 40
Both compicat and average joe are great people that make products that do the same thing but both have different price points. that doesnt mean one is trying to cheap people and the other is the endall of fuze LODs. people who run to extremes all the time are the ones that cause all kinds of problems on these forums.
I support both compicat and joe not only because of their product but bcause they are great people, understanding of others situations, and very very friendly.
one LOD is 45 and the other is 80. theyre different. buy what you like... i am pretty sure which ever route you go, you will be happy.
people need to chill out and respect the work of others. if you have a problem with it, research and choose to buy someone elses product. its that simple.

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #40 of 40
I'm planning to DIY my own fuze LOD. Is the Nichicon Muse ES appropriate for the job?
If the different between electrolytic and film caps are that significant, I might save up for one of joe's LOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back