Amping Fuze HO okay?
Feb 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a hold of average joe, thats where i get mine. Top quality from a great guy. You will be very pleased with your purchase.

Specs please of your LOD, want to know why its top quality.

OP- contact Compicat for a fuze LOD.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Specs please of your LOD, want to know why its top quality.

OP- contact Compicat for a fuze LOD.

Wont get into that with you. But i did buy the one you were supposed to.Or should i say you backed out on.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #9 of 40
Feb 26, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #10 of 40
i dont know about paying 80 for a self proclaimed best fuze lod. i think 30-55 is a good range to look in. i think anything slightly above that are all the same. when u get into the more expensive ones, i imagine there is a difference.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 40
I recently ordered a film capped fuze LOD from ebayer rock_scissors_papers (which is, indeed head-fier average_joe) after reading that thread about the DIY fuze LOD (particularly pages 8 and 9) that got me convinced to do so....
A friend that owns an Imod with this ALO LOD also ordered one and received it just recently, not only did he confirm that there is a big difference in smoothness, yet detail of the film cap LOD as well as better imaging/3D soundstaging compared to the fuze HPO, but he also added that the low cost Fuze with the film cap LOD sounds better than his iMod with the ALO LOD!

I think debitsohn is giving too much attention to price and not enough to what matters most : the quality of the components used! According to you, because ALO charges $195 for this LOD (which uses aluminum electrolytic caps and silver wire), a LOD using higher-end film caps but priced at $80 can't be better?

EDIT:
Also, before settling on rock_scissors film cap LOD, i did consider the cheaper one made by ebayer compicatx... But it is cheaper for a reason, actually, several reasons : it uses elna capacitors (vs film caps) and silver plated copper cable (vs solid core silver cable). After some research, i learned that audio frequency signals travel in the cores of the wire, not the outer coating, so there is no audio benefit from using silver plated copper. That is a fact that has been proven, and a lot of people even say that silver copper cable sound worse than just plain copper cable (and of course solid core silver). Check out this thread, its still very well alive : http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/si...-worst-471965/

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently ordered a film capped fuze LOD from ebayer rock_scissors_papers (which is, indeed head-fier average_joe) after reading that thread about the DIY fuze LOD (particularly pages 8 and 9) that got me convinced to do so....
A friend that owns an Imod with this ALO LOD also ordered one and received it just recently, not only did he confirm that there is a big difference in smoothness, yet detail of the film cap LOD as well as better imaging/3D soundstaging compared to the fuze HPO, but he also added that the low cost Fuze with the film cap LOD sounds better than his iMod with the ALO LOD!

I think debitsohn is giving too much attention to price and not enough to what matters most : the quality of the components used! According to you, because ALO charges $195 for this LOD (which uses aluminum electrolytic caps and silver wire), a LOD using higher-end film caps but priced at $80 can't be better?

EDIT:
Also, before settling on rock_scissors film cap LOD, i did consider the cheaper one made by ebayer compicatx... But it is cheaper for a reason, actually, several reasons : it uses elna capacitors (vs film caps) and silver plater copper cable (vs solid core silver cable). After some research, i learned that audio frequency signals travel in the cores of the wire, not the outer coating, so there is no audio benefit of using silver plated copper. That is a fact that has been proven, and a lot of people even say that silver copper cable sound worse than just plain copper cable (and of course solid core silver). Check out this thread, its still very well alive : http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/si...-worst-471965/

I agree that they sell the SCSCag for a lot lower price from ALO. But they really better than the iMod?? Fuze + This seem to be great investment.

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerysong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that they sell the SCSCag for a lot lower price from ALO. But they really better than the iMod?? Fuze + This seem to be great investment.

Did alot of reading myself before i bought one. Well worth the money IMO
icon10.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did alot of reading myself before i bought one. Well worth the money IMO
icon10.gif

Someone is a big fan here
o2smile.gif
, mate I'am glad you got my specs,enjoy your LOD.

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone is a big fan here
o2smile.gif
, mate I'am glad you got my specs,enjoy your LOD.

Do some research like the rest of us here, and you will find all the specs. you need.Might find it 3 posts up.Cheers!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back