Amphora Headphone Amp Impressions
Apr 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #121 of 307
Since not all read this section I have placed a duplicate in the home amps section. See: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/amp...2/#post5608168

I am enjoying the amp as is, will revert to comparisons next weekend.
wink.gif
Meanwhile if anyone has an AKG K501 and an Amphora try them together with Jazz or Classical.

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #122 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since not all read this section I have placed a duplicate in the home amps section. See: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/amp...2/#post5608168

I am enjoying the amp as is, will revert to comparisons next weekend.
wink.gif
Meanwhile if anyone has an AKG K501 and an Amphora try them together with Jazz or Classical.

I consolidated all my impressions into the thread, so they could be seen by all as well.

Apr 17, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #123 of 307
I have spent the last couple of nights just listening to the Amphora. I have been using mostly the AKG K501 w/ a V3 re-cable by APureSound.

There is a very good affinity between these two, the mids are like few I have ever heard. The upper mids and highs are crystal clear w/ an uncanny ability to portray the cymbals and the snare drum. Nice, very nice!

Apr 26, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #124 of 307
I recently received my Amphora from Ken, and so far I'm very impressed. It is still burning in, and has around 125 hours on it. But at this early stage, I can say that I have NO regrets. I think Ken and Vinnie have done an outstanding job, my hat's off to both of you!

I ordered the Paduak iMod version and it looks even better in person. When I ordered, Ken asked if I would be interested in one with a "birds eye" inlay. I took a chance and said sure, why not? Well, I'm really glad that I did, it's absolutely gorgeous.

The sound is very clean, detailed and punchy. I'm sure it will only get better with time. Anyway, here are some pics:

Kudos again to Ken and Vinnie.

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #126 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently received my Amphora from Ken, and so far I'm very impressed. It is still burning in, and has around 125 hours on it. But at this early stage, I can say that I have NO regrets. I think Ken and Vinnie have done an outstanding job, my hat's off to both of you!

I ordered the Paduak iMod version and it looks even better in person. When I ordered, Ken asked if I would be interested in one with a "birds eye" inlay. I took a chance and said sure, why not? Well, I'm really glad that I did, it's absolutely gorgeous.

The sound is very clean, detailed and punchy. I'm sure it will only get better with time. Anyway, here are some pics:

Kudos again to Ken and Vinnie.

Cardude. ! nice pics, thanks for the post.
normal_smile .gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #128 of 307
Yay, it arrived today!

I'm currently burning it in so I won't give it any critical listening until it's received 100-200 hours.

Props to Ken for being so helpful and making sure everything went smoothly.

May 1, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #129 of 307
I've spent a couple days listening to the Amphora in preparation for my review. It's definitely a terrific amp, no doubt. I am enjoying listening to it, which makes writing the review more enjoyable
wink.gif

May 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #130 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I'm currently burning it in so I won't give it any critical listening until it's received 100-200 hours.

You can do critical listening right out of the box.

May 1, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #131 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can do critical listening right out of the box.

I'm listening to it now (through my wife's HD-280s, funnily enough) but not with my 'critical listening' cap but with my 'just for fun, hey it's a new toy!' cap.

I will say one thing about the amp; I decided I just wanted to listen to a song or two but I ended up listening to the entire album.

Must be doing something right.

May 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #132 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided I just wanted to listen to a song or two but I ended up listening to the entire album.

That's a beautiful distillation. nuff said
L3000.gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #133 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've spent a couple days listening to the Amphora in preparation for my review. It's definitely a terrific amp, no doubt. I am enjoying listening to it, which makes writing the review more enjoyable
wink.gif

Nice!....
popcorn.gif

Ken

May 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #134 of 307
AAAAAAGGGGG! Is it September yet? I miss being able to sit down with no distractions and listen to music through my headphones.

May 1, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #135 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AAAAAAGGGGG! Is it September yet? I miss being able to sit down with no distractions and listen to music through my headphones.

The NO distractions part is a rich experience enabled for us, in no small part, by the safety we live in because of your service to us, Zimm. For that service, we all extend to you our Thanks. The bad news is: It's NOT QUITE September yet. The good news is: Depending on how you scale the markings on your timepiece, it COULD be "just a hair" before September. And HOW THIN a hair is determined ONLY by the scale you use. Hopefully that could help to make it seem less long for us to get to September. For when you need to determine the usual time intervals, you'll need to use your OTHER timepiece for that.

Here's an idea. Before September, how about if we arrange a time when a bunch of us can synchronize our watches and listen to music together (including you, Zimm) wherever we are. Kind of a Head-Fier's toast to your being able to rejoin the ranks of the NO distractions listeners. Well, it's just an idea......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back