Amp3
Mar 12, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #2,071 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems odd a high priced dap aimed at the audiophile market would need to be paired with only specific head phones in order to sound good.

Sound good and sound best are two different concepts.

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #2,072 of 2,090
The question for me is, why do you need an audiophile player/amp, when you want to use KSC75s? These phones are not even able to reproduce all the details, that an audiophile player/amp combi should deliver.

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #2,073 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The question for me is, why do you need an audiophile player/amp, when you want to use KSC75s? These phones are not even able to reproduce all the details, that an audiophile player/amp combi should deliver.

I guess AMP3 moves them to "another level". Thats why. At least that is what I think from others who have this combo

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #2,074 of 2,090
If you have a certain budget, I would rather invest in a headphone upgrade, than in an audiophile player/amp. The difference will definitely be bigger to upgrade the phones, than to use KSC75s on a highprice player/amp.

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #2,075 of 2,090
In my experience, the AMP3 can really bring a lower cost headphone to a near mid-high priced IEM. Not all of them, but some. It is hit and miss IMO, and I primarily use the AMP3 with an impedance adapter, but the reward with something like my $6 KSC75 that has been Kramer Modded is easily as good if not better than the same priced combo with a more expensive headphone! Plus, I do think it works very well with most portable headphones, so just carrying around the AMP3 is pretty cool IMO!

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #2,076 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my experience, the AMP3 can really bring a lower cost headphone to a near mid-high priced IEM. Not all of them, but some. It is hit and miss IMO, and I primarily use the AMP3 with an impedance adapter, but the reward with something like my $6 KSC75 that has been Kramer Modded is easily as good if not better than the same priced combo with a more expensive headphone! Plus, I do think it works very well with most portable headphones, so just carrying around the AMP3 is pretty cool IMO!

I don't really get your point. AMP3 maybe make some cheap earphones sound better.
Should $160 better to spend on ibasso T3 + Clip = make any cheap earphones sound better?

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #2,077 of 2,090
I can't say how the AMP3 amp section compares with the T3, as I have not heard the T3, but I can say I don't think amping the HPO of the Clip/Fuze sounds all that great. I know that the AMP3 performs up to the level of the Shadow/P-51 with some IEMs to my ears (and an impedance adapter). I think that is saying something.

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #2,079 of 2,090
An impedance adapter changes the sound signature of the amp, so I would not recommend to use that. Beside that, if an "audiophile player/amp" needs an impedance adapter in order to limit the hiss it produces, that says something about the unit IMHO. The rest is up to the customer.

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #2,080 of 2,090
Well I had experience, I've bought Sennheiser IE8 (damn my knowledge about sensitive IEMS) for AMP3 for so called pure sound quality, all i got was huge HISS that was killing my ears, while stock buds that were specially designed for AMP3 were almost better in all ways from IE8, except for bass. Amp3 is very unfriendly with most of IEMS/ cans, that is why it got so many criticism. But I do love the simplicity about this lovely brick (Sound signature+ battery life) and selling this unit would (for me personally) would be a loss economically. If I won't find any synergized phones for my baby that will do better than the stock earbuds, I will use it as an Amp I guess..

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #2,081 of 2,090
^^ I really agree with this: the AMP3 hisses horridly, but the design (I know DFKT doesn't like it) is pure square. I bought a Sony MD player long ago for the reason that its design was spot on retro and this reminds me of it. The interface isn't horrid; actually, I prefer it to my Fuze 2G (that is bad). But the hiss and for a player labelled audiophile and professional, the bass roll off and general bad performance with earphones is a put off.

Otherwise, I love it. But that is an otherwise coming through a lot of fog.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #2,082 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An impedance adapter changes the sound signature of the amp, so I would not recommend to use that. Beside that, if an "audiophile player/amp" needs an impedance adapter in order to limit the hiss it produces, that says something about the unit IMHO. The rest is up to the customer.

One of those situations where you try to work through it and find a solution rather than sit there and complain about it. An impedance adapter was mentioned early on, I tried one and never looked back. The unit is not for sale and any time anyone ever asked my opinion, I didn't omit the hiss issue. Plus, with the IEMs that I can listen to the AMP3 with and not use the adapter, the sound is surprisingly similar to me with and without (except maybe the bass).

Plus, as the time I wasn't going to spend $400 on an amp, and it smoked my E5.

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #2,083 of 2,090
Well, promise is promise. At last i got those rare KOSS TD 75.
Early impressions:
synergy is great. 60 Ohms + 95 dB sensitivity does its job with AMP3 PRO1. Still my ears (hell, they are sensitive) can hear hiss, but it's not that big that is with stock buds, it's kind of warmer now, more natural from these cans, moreover, those headphones have volume control with just little going down, hiss is gone. What I like most about them is the bass that was lacking. All in all, I hear much more now than with stock buds which were really good. They are very comfortable (cushioned) for my head and i guess the newer model that is in stock (TD 85) does the job with synergy/comfortability as well or even better.
The biggest con is the build quality of the phones. apart from drivers, everything is in cheap plastics, so the long-live durability is out of question I guess if You are not careful.Anyway, for a price of $24.99, I've hit the target.

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #2,084 of 2,090
Maybe it has been said before but the best headphones I've tried on the Amp3 Pro2 are the Yuin PK1. For me the Yuin Pk1 only work with the Yurbuds. I've tried Meelec M6, Yuin OK3 and UE Tri vi 10 and Sure E4c. I had a big hiss on all except on the Yuin PK1. Probably has something to do with the higher impedance on the Yuin PK1. A funny thing is that I expected a lower output on the PK1 than on the rest due to the higher impedance but there was hardly a difference noticable. The PK1 with Yurbuds gives just the sound I want from my DAP. Just a bit laid back with great soundstage, good bass (punchy). If I had one word to tell you I would say "warm".

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #2,085 of 2,090

It seems that Hisoundaudio are focusing on STUDIO now. STUDIO will have new Version soon, And I was told that the price of the Signature STUDIO is USD 550, near 4 times expensive than AMP3 PRO2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back