Amp3
Mar 10, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #2,056 of 2,090
HiSound had better offer some sort of an upgrade program if they expect people to continue to give a **** about their perpetual 'bug fix' products.

Remember when the Pro2 was supposed to be a bug fixed amp3?

They had better ****ing implement upgrade programs or at least release some firmware updates that actually do something, because they're losing a lot of cred, fast.

btw, if the final version studio doesn't offer ID3 tag support in addition to a quick bootup time their firmware programmers are going to just be a joke.

I like my amp3, and im hardly one to cry if software isnt perfect, but we need to be convinced that theyre actually trying

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #2,057 of 2,090
Hi everybody,

I bought AMP3 pro2 on sale section. I don't understand why I have to push the volume to 31 with my phonak pfe 111 and my new UM mage. The firmware is 5.42. So I am looking for an older firmware or the original.
Thank you

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #2,058 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagatti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can somebody remind/refresh me list of cans/iems list that has the best synergy with AMP3, since I am searching for a pair to mine...thanks!

I've tried a lot of IEMs with my AMP3 pro1 and the best I've found was the RE1.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #2,059 of 2,090
Quote:

Can somebody remind/refresh me list of cans/iems list that has the best synergy with AMP3, since I am searching for a pair to mine...thanks!

First, if you get an impedance adapter, that greatly increases the number of IEMs that work well with the AMP3 (at least dynamic IEMs). I use a 250 ohm adapter, but 120 ohm should be fine also.

IMO, with an impedance adapter, just about any bassy dynamic IEM sounds good to my ears, sometimes on par with the Shadow, sometimes not. Here is my short list:
- WM2 gold (no adapter needed, but some hiss)
- WM2 silver
- TS01 (formerly Thunder)
- SHE9500 (turn an average IEM into something much much better)
- PR2
- FX24

I don't think BAs sound all that great with the AMP3 personally.

I have tried the ESW9 with the AMP3 and was very impressed, made the Fuze HPO sound like a pathetic piece of garbage in comparison
wink.gif
Also, the Koss KSC-35 and KSC-75, and all sound fantastic with the AMP3!

Craig may sell the impedance adapters
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #2,061 of 2,090
Thanks for reminding me, I am in kind of crossroad now, I am thinking of two ways:
1) use AMP3 as a dap with IEMS/cans (that gets synergy)
2) use AMP3 as an AMP with another dap, (thinking of Iriver H1XX) -> more options for better SQ with more Cans/IEMS?
I am really curious if AMP3 could do the job amping the Iriver...any ideas?

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #2,063 of 2,090
Seems odd a high priced dap aimed at the audiophile market would need to be paired with only specific head phones in order to sound good.

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #2,065 of 2,090
I believe that the Koss TD85 uses same the driver as either KSC35/75, but I can't remember which one it is. The TD85 also has a very different sound signature than KSC35/75 due to the closed back design, so you may not like it as well or it may not have the same synergy with the Amp3.

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #2,066 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiterknight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that the Koss TD85 uses same the driver as either KSC35/75, but I can't remember which one it is. The TD85 also has a very different sound signature than KSC35/75 due to the closed back design, so you may not like it as well or it may not have the same synergy with the Amp3.

That's what I am afraid of. Well, I found TD75. 60ohms& 95db sensitivity, that should go with AMP3. Should I risk? Come on, I need some encouragment
dt880smile.png

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #2,067 of 2,090
Quote:

That's what I am afraid of. Well, I found TD75. 60ohms& 95db sensitivity, that should go with AMP3. Should I risk? Come on, I need some encouragment
dt880smile.png

Think of it as an experiment - a sort of knowledge-gaining adventure. If you can afford to fund this experiment, and you are prepared to accept the result that it didn't work out so well for you, then, by all means, Go For It!!! And post your results, positive or negative. On the promising side of this experiment: Koss KSC35 works great with the AMP3, as does the (closed) HFI-780. It's not as though the TD series being closed is necessarily going to yield an unsatisfactory result. It's just a reason to enter into the experiment with some caution.

If you can't really afford it, or if you would have a hard time dealing with the cost of the experiment if it did not have a result that makes you happy, then, make the conscious decision to NOT perform it, and then stick with that decision.

It really comes down to you and your economic "propensities". Is the cost of this experiment worth it to you to try this experiment, whether the result is happy or otherwise? If so, then Go For It!!! And, if not, then Don't!

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #2,068 of 2,090
I can recommend you another closed back portable headphone, that I find has a great synergy with the Amp3 or any other portable source, the Sennheiser HD25-1-11, but unfortunately it's also much pricier than the TD-85. But to quote Sbulack "Think of it as an experiment", and you can always try to mod them if you don't like them right away!

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #2,069 of 2,090
sbulack, you got the idea really well!
About economic things - I'll just save myself from getting wasted for one night, so that counts for those headphones hah
biggrin.gif
On the bright side, you'll never know if you won't try. So...Ordered. Since it's coming all the way from US to EU, it might take some time but I will post my impressions ASAP.

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #2,070 of 2,090
Quote:

sbulack, you got the idea really well!
About economic things - I'll just save myself from getting wasted for one night, so that counts for those headphones hah
biggrin.gif
On the bright side, you'll never know if you won't try. So...Ordered. Since it's coming all the way from US to EU, it might take some time but I will post my impressions ASAP.

I took a look at the TD85 on Amazon. The picture makes them look solidly-built and somewhat comfortable. I'm patiently looking forward to your impressions of the phones you ordered (TD75 from previous post) paired with the AMP3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back