Amp3
Nov 23, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #1,741 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read through Hisoundaudio's website again, and realized that they are evolved from the hi end home audio devices developer to be the portable aduio device developer. As we know, home audio devices has no so complexed UI, playback funcitons and so integrated as the DAP.

Now we can understand why hisoundaudio have some weak at firmware and software segments at the begining. But I thinK hisoundaudio can improve these segments a bit later and offer us better upgrade software. We have seen the activity of hisoundaudio to the users opinions. They have improved some big issues with the original software. My upgrade software of pro2 is much better then the privious.

Anyway, we need more hi end home audio makers to join in the DAP market to bring more audiophile audio experience to the DAP fields. as we konw many DAP maker have no audio background, they come from PC, TV sofware fields, they are belong to consumer electronic field, But I prefer DAP can be sorted as audio products.

I want to give more tolerance to a new comer, only their rival hope to crack down a new comer before they grow up. If so, we will lost a new kind of HIFI DAP choice.

I can follow you and agree on most parts. But companies like Philips (they have actually created one of the better DAC chips used in high end or at least very decent D/A converters), Sony, Kenwood, JVC and a few more that has also manufactured DAP's and at one point over the last 30 years manage to create fairly decent audio equipment (amps and cd players etc.)
So they are already in the marked with plenty of audio experience.
Look at the mainstream marked where it's all about supply/demand and at the moment there is no value in producing this type of an item that's a maybe more audiophile like sounding DAP than the rest of the marked.

Just imagine if companies like Marantz, Rotel, Cambridge audio, Linn, Densen etc. wanted to enter, they could do this easily, if they slightly gave up on profit, and maybe they will if we as consumers are interested in this improvement and thereby increasing demand!

I fully support the HighsoundAudio idea or concept, but they need it to do better, otherwise they will fairly quick loose out to all the mainstream competitors, and loose buyers, for some one bad experience or two, will you empty your wallet for the next one?
It's all about convincing the mainstream that there's something better, but you have to do it well or even better. HSA can't survive if there's 200-600 potential customers in the western world who's willing too pay for an item as it is right now. I'll support them a long way and their sound quality, but not by buying every new AMP3 being relased every 3 months. How many will?

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #1,742 of 2,090
Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I can't find it. Has anyone compared the Head Direct RE0 with the Klipsch S4 on the AMP3? I'm looking for an affordable replacement of my ER-6i, which I find somewhat lacking in soundstage and detail.
I read that the S4 combines well with the AMP3, without hiss, and that the RE0 is very detailed (what about the hiss on this one?). But has anyone compared the two?

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #1,743 of 2,090
Well i have the s4 and the amp3 and i would say there is some hiss. But it is not enough to interfere with the music.

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #1,745 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasFS1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I can't find it. Has anyone compared the Head Direct RE0 with the Klipsch S4 on the AMP3? I'm looking for an affordable replacement of my ER-6i, which I find somewhat lacking in soundstage and detail.
I read that the S4 combines well with the AMP3, without hiss, and that the RE0 is very detailed (what about the hiss on this one?). But has anyone compared the two?

They Ety4s works very well with the Amp3. You may want to give it a try.

Of all the 'phones listed below, the Ety is the best, with the RE0 right behind it.

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #1,746 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i have the s4 and the amp3 and i would say there is some hiss. But it is not enough to interfere with the music.

X-2 on this. I find the S4s and the Amp3 to be a very good match.

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #1,747 of 2,090
annoying pro2/fw5.42 bugs:
when I copy a directory of flac files (created and tagged with linux abcde program) to my external card, the cuts play fine if I go to the folder, select the file, and press play, no problem. So my flacs are good and AMP3 can play them. If I go to Music->Artists->Artist_Name->Album_Name, I see all the cuts in proper order as expected. But when I hit play I can see the time advance for the first track but no sound. If I hit pause then hit play (maybe a few times), then the track will play. Once one track plays, all the rest play. Clearly a bug, I think.

Another minor annoyance. In their respective folders, the tracks do not appear in either alphabetical order by filename or ordered by track number. Not sure how they are sorted, it's almost right but with two or three tracks in each folder in a random place. Either alphabetical or track number would be fine.

Not to be whiny, I really am enjoying my AMP3. The SQ with my SR80s is just great. HSA should have a site where these bug reports can all get filed so they can get fixed by the next release.

dana789

Nov 24, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #1,748 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X-2 on this. I find the S4s and the Amp3 to be a very good match.

I tried a variety of phones with my AMP3 and found these simple facts:
The lower the sensitivity the better.
S4 have 110db/mW
ER4s have 100dB/mW

Impedance plays a role too, but not as much as sensitivity.
The higher the impedance the better.
32 ohms are better than 16 ohms.

Some of my phones that are a good match:
Audio-Technica ATH-CKM70 106dB/mW, 16 ohms
Philips SHE9800 106dB/mW, 16 ohms
Audio-Technica ATH-EM700 100dB/mW, 32 ohms

Some of my phones that are a bad match:
Sennheiser IE8 125dB/mW, 16 ohms
Shure SE530 119dB/mW, 36 ohms

You get the picture...
Just my 2c.

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #1,749 of 2,090
I have the Pro2 and wanted to get AKG K501 cans. These are pretty hard to drive: 94 dB and 120 ohms. Anybody know whether the pro2 will drive these ok or should I go with the hd600's?

Also, the manual states a max output of 10mw @ 32 ohms, that seems really low, is it correct? Cowon s9 is 29mw @ 16 ohms.

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #1,750 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by turgonml /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Pro2 and wanted to get AKG K501 cans. These are pretty hard to drive: 94 dB and 120 ohms. Anybody know whether the pro2 will drive these ok or should I go with the hd600's?

Also, the manual states a max output of 10mw @ 32 ohms, that seems really low, is it correct? Cowon s9 is 29mw @ 16 ohms.

Forget the manual data. I always hook AMP3 pro2 with HD 600 and find it has a very good synergy. I mostly listen to the acoustic and classical music. Some user said it is a bit weak with the Rock genre. I suppose if you are not used to too louder sound level, HD 600 is a good option.

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #1,752 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinnipeds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

On this website, AMP3 Pro 2 hisoundaudio MP3 player PDAA - AMP3 mp3 Player/Amp - iPod iPhone and MP3 Players, it says it "Combining a Class A headphone amp". Does that mean that it comes with a built in amp, or it sounds better with an amp?

The Class A headphone amp is built in to the AMP3. That said, it is ALSO true that, for some headphones, they CAN sound better with the headphone output of the AMP3 fed into the line input of a particularly synergistic amp. For my favorite full-sized phones (HD650, and ALO-780), they sound really fine plugged directly into the headphone jack of the AMP3. The Class A headphone amp built into the AMP3 is an abundantly-resourced and good-sounding one, IMO.

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #1,754 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, sorry for sounding ignorant. Where online can I buy this player at the best price? Thanks.

From the few prices quoted on this thread, it appears that Whiplash Audio, a Premier Head-Fi Sponsor, offers a new AMP3 at the best price.

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #1,755 of 2,090
Well, mine has been playing constantly since the beginning meaning it has over the magical 400 hours. Feeding an external source, I love it, but until my 102db 64 ohm dj1pro are dead silent, I think HSA need to re-invent their dap. The only (non DT880, HD600) which is hiss free is the stock buds IF I use their attenuator on a volume of 31.

Tone and timbre are great and music is smooth, but there is a lot missing otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back