Amp3
Sep 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #1,171 of 2,090
u mean headamp that can do spdif out/digital out, a dap function, and rolling opamps with not too expensive price?
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #1,172 of 2,090
\ Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u mean headamp that can do spdif out/digital out, a dap function, and rolling opamps with not too expensive price?
biggrin.gif

Actually, SPDIF out is enough, because I can do the rolling opamps on my D10.
smily_headphones1.gif
. I don't care much opamps rolling on the DAP site, so, if in the future cheaper AMP3-Pro 3 has the SPDIF out built-in, then I'll buy it.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #1,173 of 2,090
Would you need the D10 if the Studio I is a high-quality amp in and of itself (which I think is its main purpose)? Doesn't seem logical to amp the Studio I as a DAP, since it is primarily a high-end portable amp and a DAP second.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #1,174 of 2,090
D10 is just an example. How about if I want to use it with ... my home theater digital amp, or, ... aha ... the Benchmark DAC-1 HDR (in my dream)
smily_headphones1.gif
... D10 is my reference source, and it will a safe bet if I don't like the Studio's sound signature due to the synergy with my IEMs.

Thank you.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #1,175 of 2,090
That makes sense. Didn't understand because you mentioned rolling opamps in the same sentence. So if the Studio I outperforms your D10, you will stick with it, but if not, you have the D10 to fall back on. I hope the Studio I lives up to its pre-billing (to me, the Amp3 has on SQ level). Now, we Pro 1 owners just need the firmware upgrade. I was listening last night with my UM3X (using Klipsch gels as my UM56s are not here yet) and I am starting to really like the synergy. I think the hiss bothered me enough that I wasn't really listening before. But on tracks that where hiss is not an issue, the Amp3 (now with 500+ hours) and the Westones are starting to work well together. I kept imaging the hiss gone, and smiling.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #1,176 of 2,090
The opamps rolling? Ooo.. that was my response to a_tumiwa post above
smily_headphones1.gif
,that I do not need opamp rolling feature in Studio, because I can do that with my D10. I don't have the Studio I, II yet, so I cannot tell whether is has good synergy with my IEMs, but, if the Sudio has the SPDIF, then, I can feed it to D10 and enjoy the sound signature that I love.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Yes, I also assume that the Studio itseilf will be great, but we will see.

Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #1,179 of 2,090
[QUOTE=a_tumiwa;6005896]http://www.hisoundaudio.com/spimages...12.44_1994.jpg

Any comment??
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]

I have checked to the webpage, it says:

the sample for dealers' revaluation and testing.

and The red one is low price AMP3 player. For the low end market requiring.

their illustration says It is a working (engineering ) sample, that means it is not the final finished products, just for the dealers revaluation and testing.(not for marketing). and it could be a low price model for low end market. It is not AMP3 pro1 or pro2.

Sep 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #1,182 of 2,090
Btw, how's AMP3 sounds with GRADO SR325is.? with those 32ohms and knowing that tstarn has no hiss probs with SR80, that would be a great deal + synergy maybe? (sorry if i missed any post with SR325is)..

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #1,183 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, a low-priced Shuffle-like machine with the Amp3 SQ. Could be a winner.

I dunno.. i still like picking out what i want to listen to...
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #1,185 of 2,090
I hope the firmware is out soon as well. Also turn off random play, which helps with quicker starts. I just turn mine on and do something else and them come back. It's a pain, but it works for me.

As to the 325i/Amp3 synergy question, I would guess it's awesome, and I do not get a drop of hiss on my SR80s. With the 325s being so much higher on the food chain, I would imagine they sound awesome. I think HiFlight has the 225s or someone else does. Search the thread.

On the issue of choosing music, I understand, but I basically use my Amp3 as a sort of shuffle already, even with the screen. Just load it with all good music, and if I don't want to hear something, I skip. Once in awhile, I choose an artist or album to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back