Amp3
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #946 of 2,090
Just pulled the trigger on the Pro2 model! FLAC support made the decision for me.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #949 of 2,090
Can anyone get a frequency response graph of this player? I would like to see which frequencies are emphasized and/or rolled off. I don't care about the included earphones, just the AMP3 itself.

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #952 of 2,090
I am very curious on this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/am...49/index2.html

The character of Class A circuit is " power hungry". in some of the home amplifiers with class A circuit design, it will consume more than 1000 wat electric power.

But as the portable gears only have a small battery to suplly the power. So how to save the power consumptioin is every audio maker's priority designing task.

So almost no other rest DAP makers dare to apply the class A circuit design even though they know the class A circuit is the best one for compensating the cold and dry digital sound signatuer.

The more amazing, even AMP3 applying the most power consumption circuit, it still can have 100 hours playing time. To my experience, if AMP3 applying class D circuit, it can playing 300 hours!!!!!

Any one have more explanation or experiences on Class A circuit amp design? Thanks.

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #954 of 2,090
No matter you like AMP3 or not, I would like to say Hisoundadio is worth our admiring and respect for their creative passion. At least AMP3 has set up a new DAP standard of 4 in 1 : DAP/AMP/ HIFI FM RADIO/ HIFI stock earphon. the 100 hours playing time battery is also a new world record.

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #955 of 2,090
So my Ipod is starting to break down (due to a failing HD I think) and I get on Head-Fi today to decide on a new player and what do I find?

After reading a few dozen pages of posts, this DAP sounds too good to resist, especially for only $150! I've already ordered. ^_^

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #957 of 2,090
While I found the AMP3 to sound quite good "out-of-the-box", what is so remarkable is how the player (and PAA-1) continue to improve in sound even as the playing time goes over the 400 hours mark!

I find the sound to be much more expansive and incorporate a much greater sense of 3-D than it did initially. Tonally, the sound has become much "richer", with better balance between highs and lows.

The AMP3 seems to exhibit more positive "burn-in" changes than any of my previous amps. Fortunately, the changes are all for the better.

Aug 28, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #959 of 2,090
Great when you find the best match for the Amp3, right? I have found it with the Grados, but not done yet. Not sure where to go, hoping the firmware will reduce or eliminate the remaining hiss with the UM3X. Which means a portable phone to match up for the Amp3 with my collection.

Aug 28, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #960 of 2,090
i think in general harder-to-drive, better-with-an-amp phones are better suited for this model of amp3. however, even pk1 is not the best match for it. better than stock buds but i've heard them sound better.

so yeah, portable would be nice. i've got tripple.fi's and they don't match with it well either, which is a darn shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back