Amp3
Aug 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #931 of 2,090
Aug 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #932 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the bootup tips! I didn't realize I could plug the SD card in after boot. Tho most times I've needed to start up were after a reset.. hehe, no time to change the play mode.

I've left it on day and night for the past 5 days just to get through burn in. It sounds so sweet now, there isn't a portable source I've heard that can hold a candle to it. I've been switching between the bundled buds and SR80s and definitely prefer the SR80s.

I tried it just once with my SCL3s and haven't made up my mind yet. Anybody here try it with SE530s or UM3x by any chance?

Can you believe the Grado/Amp3 synergy? No combo I have comes close. I have the UM3X, and it sounds very good, but there is the ongoing hiss issue (can we have that firmware fix soon Craig?). Oddly, my three main IEMs (UM3X, Denon 710 and Cresyn C750E) all have hiss with the Amp3, but my three on ear phones, Grados and two Koss models, do not.

It's a limitation for me, using the Amp3 with the IEMs. Hard to use them after hearing the Grados. Have you tried the simple tape mod on the SR-80s? You just line the outer edge of the bowl pad with electrical tape, nice and neat, and it provides an excellent bass boost. Not bloated, but tight bass. Saw it here on HF and have used it for over a year. Try it, you'll like it.

I almost want to step up to the 325i or higher, and see how that sounds. I know HiFlight says the Grado 225 are an excellent match with the Amp3.

Aug 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #933 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oddly, my three main IEMs (UM3X, Denon 710 and Cresyn C750E) all have hiss with the Amp3, but my three on ear phones, Grados and two Koss models, do not.

Too bad, but a 75 ohm impedance adapter really helps the C710. As for the C750E, the 75 ohm adapter doesn't work nearly as well, but combing a 75 ohm and 120 ohm do work quite well (I guess the C750E needs around 200 ohms). I don't have the UM3X, but I hope the higher impedance requirements I hear with the Cresyn's isn't a BA vs. dynamic thing.

Interested to hear how your adapter works for you with those 3.

Also, I removed the volume control from the KSC75 (been meaning to do that for months) and they sound worse with the AMP3, the magic is gone! Oops, now I have to either put it back or mod my other pair.

Aug 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #934 of 2,090
I am going to retry all three IEMs with the adapter I just got. At first, it didn't seem to help, but this morning it seems to reduce the hiss with the Westones. Now to try the 710s and 750Es. Bummer about the 75. I ended up with the model that doesn't have the volume control thing, not even sure why. And I also completely removed the plastic driver cover (the ultimate Kramer mod) and added those PX200 pleather pads. Nice result. But I am liking the 35s more, just by a whisker. Seems more air, but have to do more comparison listening.

Damn, first track on the Amp3, hardly any hiss with the 710s. The adapter is working fine. As I noted, the UM3X also seem to be responding better to the Amp3 hiss-wise with the adapter. Perfect? No. But better, and that's good.

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #935 of 2,090
the newest result of DAP voting game up to today :(after 276 rounds competition, 16 brands are out, including SONY , IPOD and many brands)

Do you interest to execute your voting right?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/da...1/index19.html

AMP3 16 heal the 100 hours playing time battery. It benefits our daily usage.
Cowon 65
Meizu 11 hurt average sound quality.
Rio 23
Samsung 23
Sandisk 27

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #936 of 2,090
My first post on Headfi. After reading through the 60 pages, I have been convinced to oder an AMP3. it will arrive tomorrow. Thank you headfiers for your devote your time and passion to offer us the useful informations.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #937 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first post on Headfi. After reading through the 60 pages, I have been convinced to oder an AMP3. it will arrive tomorrow. Thank you headfiers for your devote your time and passion to offer us the useful informations.

No, thank you!!
beerchug.gif

Craig

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #938 of 2,090
referring to what Average Joe found, that removing volume control on KSC75 hurt the sound quality from AMP3, does this mean that AMP3 actually don't like low impedance phone?

(I guess the volume control on KSC75 is actually help stabilize the impedance of phone and load impedance that is seen by AMP3)...

???

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #940 of 2,090
New updates in this thread, check it out!

Here are some highlights:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus there is a software release for those with the Amp3 Pro1. It will also include bug fixes as well.

I should by the beginning of next week when it will be available.

Also the manual is complete. I should have ready for download by the end of this week.

Yeah!!!

Quote:

I'm very pleased to announce the newly updated Amp3 Pro2 and the newest model; STUDIO I.......
tongue_smile.gif

They listened to a lot of what we had to say!

Quote:

Now onto the next release; STUDIO I

This takes it to the next level. This is designed to be used as a portable amp versus a DAP, However it will carry some of the features like:

*16GB MicroSD
*8GB onboard memory
*MUCH higher SQ than the Amp3 line. This is design to complete with the many home rigs.

What is be unique approach with this product in the sense that we, headfi'ers, will participate in help designing the next released model. So we can actual take part in providing feedback on how to improve on the STUDIO I and in turn, launch the STUDIO II.

How is that possible (MUCH higher SQ than the AMP3)? I think I have to hear the Studio I.

Quote:

Thanks for everyone who made the Amp3 so successful!!

Craig
Whiplash Audio

Thank you Craig for bringing us this great product at the amazing price!

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #941 of 2,090
I'm not concerned about the standard equipment, but I was a music fan, received AMP3 two weeks, and we have the happiness to enjoy the music, I really doubt this little thing would be to display their magic so that the listener directly to the face of Bach! Almost too perfect, and I could not keep with you all share this wonderful world of music!

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #942 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw1narso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
referring to what Average Joe found, that removing volume control on KSC75 hurt the sound quality from AMP3, does this mean that AMP3 actually don't like low impedance phone?

(I guess the volume control on KSC75 is actually help stabilize the impedance of phone and load impedance that is seen by AMP3)...

???

So I went back and listened to the KSC75 again and used 2 impedance adapters for a total of 195 ohms. I think the biggest difference is (and this if from memory) is the transparency. Before they just disappeared and I was surrounded with the amazing sound. Now they still sound good, but not as good as I remember even with the adapters. I will have to get around to kramer modding my other set to do an A/B comparison.

I may also try to make a KSC75 impedance adapter!

Edit: One is only as tired as you think you are! So I decided to just make the adapter. Here are some pictures. (Yea, quick and sloppy!)

How about the sound? Well, I do think the KSC75 sounds a little better. The difference really depends on the actual source track, so exhibit a fairly large difference, others not so much.

But the best thing is that it helps with other headphones, most noticeably the Cresyn C750E, where I can tune it to my liking! And I also decided to try the NE-7M, which I thought was a bad match. Well, the NE-7M sounds so much better to me with the adapter. I am hearing details in the NE-7 I don't ever recall hearing! Another Edit: the soundstage of the NE-7 isn't very 3D, but the AMP3 with the adapter pushes the stage like nothing I have heard as well as bring out the fine details. Wow!

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #943 of 2,090
It's good that after all this time there are still people buying the AMP3 and coming into this wonderful world of music produced as intended, I look forward to the progress of the brand and its unique dedication to the improvement of the experience of the listener,
Thanks to Hi sound for all their efforts

Aug 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #944 of 2,090
Another thing to wait for, looking forward to future updates : )

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #945 of 2,090
I have been thinking that Hisoundaudio will launch the higher grade DAP model of MASTER as the second DAP product. But they will launch the AMP of STUDIO. This indicate Hisoundaudio don't want to give up the amp market. The retail price of $349 is not cheap, if this indicate Studio is target the hi end portable market? I hope Studio also can bring us the more enjoyment than AMP3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back