Amp3
Oct 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #1,471 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by acolyte289 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm carrying it around during the day, still hooked up to phones and playing of course. Its my only portable player currently so I'll be listening to it daily. Not that I wouldn't be carrying it around if I had other working DAPs, cause I totally still would be
biggrin.gif

Cool, yea, I would be carrying around the AMP3 also even though I own other DAPs. Oh, wait, I do carry around the AMP3
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have a home system to compare it to? My thinking is it will be much easier to hear the differences if you A/B with something else so you can analyze the differences daily/weekly, etc. But that is just me, as some people don't really care and just want to enjoy the fantastic sound!

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #1,473 of 2,090
One sonical flaw I could find besides the hiss is the grain in the middle frequencies. This is discernible with both my UM3xs and the AD900s. I hope it goes away after burn in. Keep in mind though that my ears are very sensitive to grain so this might not be an issue for others.

Other then that though, I really like the sound signature.

img01352.jpg

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #1,474 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aww )=

but according to jant71 its more neutral?

Different things. It is quite musical even with great balance and neutrality. Neutral, to me, does not mean thin or cold or sterile but in the middle between boosted and reduced. Musicality can be somewhat subjective but neutral and flat do not mean no musicality. Some of my favorite phones for musicality have even been a little on the thin side. The AMP3 Pro has good speed, PRaT, good dynamics, good impact, and other things that make for a more musical sound.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #1,476 of 2,090
Yes, my current AMP3 is a Pro1, but I have a Pro2 on the way. If I understand you correctly, you want to know how they are different. I as well as a few others will be able to tell you, some may already be able to tell you already
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #1,477 of 2,090
I can go to websites, re-download the AMP3 manual and the like, but I'm wondering if anyone already knows this: Has the AMP3 manual for the AMP3-Pro.2 been made available as a download? If so, then a comparison of the two manuals should be pretty informative as to the changes in use between the two. So, does anyone know? If you know, can you post the link to the Pro.2 manual? Thanks.

P.S. If there's no reply to this by Friday morning at about 10AM Eastern Time, I'll do the web-surfing, downloading and checking that I referred to above and post the answer to this question myself. If it turns out that I will have been able to download a Pro.2 manual, I'll also post a link to it. That is, if there's no reply to this by Friday at about 10 AM Eastern Time.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,478 of 2,090
I thought I'd upload a few more pics of the pro 2.
Included comparison photos with ipod 5.5g (a dead one with broken LCD
frown.gif
).

By the way, yes I was indeed listening to the Amp3 even while taking these photos ^_^ except the first one which I took earlier.

DSC01620x.jpg

DSC01624x.jpg

DSC01625x.jpg

DSC01628x.jpg

DSC01630x.jpg

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #1,479 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can go to websites, re-download the AMP3 manual and the like, but I'm wondering if anyone already knows this: Has the AMP3 manual for the AMP3-Pro.2 been made available as a download? If so, then a comparison of the two manuals should be pretty informative as to the changes in use between the two. So, does anyone know? If you know, can you post the link to the Pro.2 manual? Thanks.

P.S. If there's no reply to this by Friday morning at about 10AM Eastern Time, I'll do the web-surfing, downloading and checking that I referred to above and post the answer to this question myself. If it turns out that I will have been able to download a Pro.2 manual, I'll also post a link to it. That is, if there's no reply to this by Friday at about 10 AM Eastern Time.

Here is the Amp3 Pro1 manual. I still have to update it to the Pro2...
Craig

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/2/...AL%20EDIT.docx

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #1,481 of 2,090
I just received Pro2. Withholding any serious comment on the sound for now (although it sounds good so far).

Question on whether anyone else is having trouble with the buttons. When I press the volume buttons about a third of the time the player either pauses (esp. on the plus button) or skips to next track (esp. on the neg. button). I know I'm pressing just on the button. Anyone else?

I knew this thing would be big but it really is a tank. I like its heft and feel in the hand.

The display and the maneuvering in the player takes me back to 2000 (and maybe even earlier). Very primitive compared to any other player out there. But, I'm more of a start and stop player so this isn't going to be a problem for me.

Finally, I guess I should've known this but it isn't MTP, only MSC (AFAIK) so I need to get familiar with .m3u files and drag and drop again.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #1,482 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question on whether anyone else is having trouble with the buttons. When I press the volume buttons about a third of the time the player either pauses (esp. on the plus button) or skips to next track (esp. on the neg. button). I know I'm pressing just on the button. Anyone else?

Haven't had any trouble with the plus button but when I'm scrolling down through folders in source manager, I have had it go to option screen (where it says play folder or cancel), which is the function of the next track button. I haven't actually had the problem while changing the volume, and if I only push right on the button and keep off the area of the (outer) circle around it then it doesn't do that (if that makes any sense).

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #1,483 of 2,090
I wasnt aware that the keypad on the pro2 would be different but i think that the new one is definitely an improvement.

So i cant wait to here the comparisons between the pro1 and pro2!!

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #1,484 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received Pro2. Withholding any serious comment on the sound for now (although it sounds good so far).

I knew this thing would be big but it really is a tank. I like its heft and feel in the hand.

The display and the maneuvering in the player takes me back to 2000 (and maybe even earlier). Very primitive compared to any other player out there. But, I'm more of a start and stop player so this isn't going to be a problem for me.

Finally, I guess I should've known this but it isn't MTP, only MSC (AFAIK) so I need to get familiar with .m3u files and drag and drop again.

With my Pro1, exactly the same thing happens to me with the buttons. It gets very annoying. I agree that it is an archaic dap but it sure sounds nice.

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #1,485 of 2,090
JUST GOT MY AMP3 PRO2 IN THE MAIL!

I have just opened up the box and hooked it up to my PC and as I type this, 3.08 GB of music is being transfered to the player!

I know it requires a long burn-in for the player, but I am going to give my impressions of "straight-out-of-the-box" sound and then I'll do a "after-500-hours" thoughts and opinions on the sound.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back