Amp3
Jul 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #333 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try changing all the caps in the output section to Auricaps. That should solve the "cold and analitical" problem.

Though the amp3 is not really the one to do such mod to; it is more for an amp6.

Sounds a little extreme for non-DIYers. I think the Amp3 will settle in over time. Listening right now, and not over-analytical or cold to me. But if someone buys it and successfully pulls it off, it would be interesting.

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #335 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But n the meantime, I do have one request, would you be kind enough to start a new thread with that (Sony X v. Amp3) as the topic, so this thread can remain one devoted to the Amp3, people who own it (and not the Sony), and ways to make it the best machine it can be.

Well how you like that. He gets asked in this thread to compare Amp3 to Sony X, he spends his time listening and writing the comparison for the benefit of all, and then he gets asked to move his comparison elsewhere so as not to 'muddy' the water here. Very strange indeed.

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #336 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamba315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well how you like that. He gets asked in this thread to compare Amp3 to Sony X, he spends his time listening and writing the comparison for the benefit of all, and then he gets asked to move his comparison elsewhere so as not to 'muddy' the water here. Very strange indeed.

Well, I see people posting about the W3 in the UM3X thread all the time... and no one is rude enough to basically tell them to shove off and go and start a new thread, despite the fact their posts are off topic. At least Chris is actually talking about the amp3...

Chris-
Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to provide us with comparisons. It's very much appreciated, you know that - and I look forward to reading updates after more burn in
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #337 of 2,090
Soozieq & mamba315-
Thanks. I'm going to post more complete comparisons once it's finished burning in.... It's cooking right now, heh. I'm thinking possibly Monday evening it'll be ready for more listening.

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #338 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That way, Amp3 owners (and those interested in buying it but not as an alternative to the Sony X) can get back to the Amp3, which really was the point of this thread. Also, it gives those interested in the Sony v. Amp3 discussion a specific, focused thread of their own. Thanks. Sure you understand.

am i being silly but wouldnt prospective amp3 owners quite welcome it being compared to possible alternatives they may be also looking at and given the love the x thingy has been getting id have thought it the amp3's prime competition?

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #340 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
am i being silly but wouldnt prospective amp3 owners quite welcome it being compared to possible alternatives they may be also looking at and given the love the x thingy has been getting id have thought it the amp3's prime competition?

Not silly at all Mark, this kind of thing constantly happens here all the time. In fact I can't think of one thread where a product wasn't compared/queried with the competing daps/amps/cans.

Don't know why feathers are getting so ruffled here??

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #341 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know why feathers are getting so ruffled here??

Because several people have gone past casual conversation regarding these two units and appear to have made it personal. Please keep any comparisons civil and to the point. For those that are considering either of these units please keep in mind a few folks that are engaged in a personal tug of war may not be totally objective in their thoughts on these units.

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #343 of 2,090
Yes, really so good ,if your main interest is listening to perfect music, if you want to do other things buy a player which gives you the chance to do them . This is a player designed only for those who want to listen to music and it's great.

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #344 of 2,090
Agree. After 35 hours, it's starting to sound better and better. But for me, it does depend somewhat on the track, genre, and a few other variables. But when it's good, it's the best DAP I have by far in terms of pure SQ. An interesting pairing is the Kramer modded and re-padded (Senn PX200) Ksc75 and the Amp3. The synergy is really fantastic, same with the Grados. As for IEMs, the new RE3s I have also match up well. More to come, since I want to really start listening after 75-100 hours of burn-in.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #345 of 2,090
But, the manufacturer should already thought about the hiss/noises before claim it as Audiophile MP3 player
smily_headphones1.gif
, and hope the next revision should be much more better. Anyway thank for the updates, tstarn06. Looking forward to listen to it in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back