Amp3
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #227 of 2,090
I think the firmware upgrade will be available for the "golden hall" and it will sell for more
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #229 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Firmware upgrades? FLAC on a 16GB midroSD card? I sure hope so. Sounding good with all IEMs (less/no hiss) after burn in of 100 hours. I can't wait!

Just being an optimist.

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #233 of 2,090
Yea, amp section/DAC or possibly front end (before the amp, before or after the DAC) signal processing. If the actual player (memory interface) is the same, the Golden Hall firmware could work, or might just need some minor modifications to work.

But the more AMP3 owners that voice concern to the manufacturer, the greater the chance they will do something about it, right?

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #234 of 2,090
Just so that everyone is aware, all of your comments are being heavily looked at as they build new models. They take this VERY serious and welcome to listen to your opinions.

I can't really comment on the future, but i will say this, the new models will address lots of these request/interests!!
L3000.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #235 of 2,090
Ultimately, I really like to have DAPs with SPDIF out, pleaaassseeee. I think they can do it.

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #236 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, amp section/DAC or possibly front end (before the amp, before or after the DAC) signal processing. If the actual player (memory interface) is the same, the Golden Hall firmware could work, or might just need some minor modifications to work.

But the more AMP3 owners that voice concern to the manufacturer, the greater the chance they will do something about it, right?

Totally agree!!!!
beerchug.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #237 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so that everyone is aware, all of your comments are being heavily looked at as they build new models. They take this VERY serious and welcome to listen to your opinions.

I can't really comment on the future, but i will say this, the new models will address lots of these request/interests!!
L3000.gif

Glad they are taking our opinions seriously. I really hope they do update the firmware as I have one on the way (thanks BTW for making it available at such a great price), at least for larger memory cards and FLAC support. Especially since the player does play FLAC and theoretically if the controller can support a 8GB SDHC, it should be able to support a 16GB and 32GB (when available). Gapless is nice, I would love to have it, but I can get along without that.

Just as they are watching us, we are watching them! It is great that they came out with this product, and if everything is as great as I have read here and some problems are resolved (card support and FLAC) I would love to buy a base 30GB+ player in the future.

The HiFiMAN DAC is great, but very large and very very expensive. The AMP3 is more my style and I was hoping to use it with a 32GB card when they come out.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #239 of 2,090
Hint:
1) Lossless files are big, so big storage capacity is needed.
2) Audiophile has thousands of songs which they want to hear at anytime.
3) Hey, my DAP's storage capacity is BIGGER than yours
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #240 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have difficulty understanding why people are wanting 32gb card capacity if you must play as a kind of extended shuffle surely 8gb is enough !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hint:
1) Lossless files are big, so big storage capacity is needed.
2) Audiophile has thousands of songs which they want to hear at anytime.
3) Hey, my DAP's storage capacity is BIGGER than yours
smily_headphones1.gif

For me, 1 & 2. I do notice a difference between FLAC/320bps MP3 songs with well mastered albums. I have a collection of metal, electronic, pop, R&B, rock, classic rock, and more that I like to listen to on shuffle. My current 16GB card + 8GB Fuze about 1/3rd of the music I want to hear out.

For me, it is about hearing the details of the song, things most people don't hear but are in the recordings, which is why I am getting the AMP3. Sure, I could have got a 30GB iPod or Zune (or 120GB), but the sq is close to my Fuze, so I was looking for the next step up. I don't want to spend $600+ on a HiFiMAN since it is a first production unit and has some limitations, not to mention no onboard memory.

Poor source = limited SQ, FLAC is the way to go IMO, at least with the equipment I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back