Amp3 Pro2 and the STUDIO
Oct 12, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #241 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you think I feel , I ordered my AMP3 Pro2 on october 2nd and im still waitng for it.

yikes do you guys have customs or such that might be holding things up? There must be a number you can call. Craig, what can he do? Craig is recabling my Zino's but I'm sure he would know who you should call.
We have this type of shipping here in the US that is bizarre. Once I was told my package was being delivered UPS (United Postal Service) I looked online to track it and at some point....they stopped updating the info. I called about it and I was told "the package is now in the hands of the USPS (United States Postal Service). One would think that UPS would have brought the package the full way. Wrong. At some point they handed it over to the Postal Service and ALL tracking information ended for about a week. Then, out of the blue, the postman delivered it. I asked if this is customary and I was told that with that type of shipping (I forget what it was called) that yes, that is how they do it. It can be quite aggravating I know. I trust you will get your package. My advice is to "hang in there"

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #243 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by grantlp13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for those who have tried it how much different the SQ from the previous amp3?

Here is how I would describe the SQ differences between the AMP3-Pro.1 and the AMP3-Pro.2:
1) The Pro.2 provides a milder, warmer overall sound - as though a layer of high-frequency glare had been removed from the sound of the Pro.1, which permits better hearing into the depths of the music. In this transition, none of what I would call the AMP3's "live" or "fresh" sound is lost.
2) The Pro.2 provides a more 3-D sound, related to the easier hearing into the depths and lower-level details of the music. In those details (which take on a warmer hue) are found additional spatial information as well.
3) The soundstaging of the Pro.2 is different than the Pro.1:
a) The listener is closer to the musical voices using the Pro.2 than with the Pro.1. It's a noticeably more close-up and intimate listening experience with the Pro.2.
b) The overall sonic space in which the listener and all of the musical voices are located together is more spacious - as if the walls and ceiling of this "virtual venue" had been pushed out farther.

I've used a few tracks in which there are a good combination of musical voices and events in the low frequencies, the midrange, and the upper frequencies. Using the Pro.2, the voices and events in the upper frequencies are less prominent than they are using the Pro.1 - not weak, by any means. To my ear and taste, I would call their level of prominence on the Pro.2 more balanced.

Overall, how do these differences affect my listening experience?
They make for a more relaxing listening experience, yet one in which nothing is missing, relative to the Pro.1 - in fact, more detail is readily discernible (it's interesting that it takes on a warmer hue - normally colder, more high-frequency component is thought to be associated with more detail). A warmer, milder sound, with more intimacy with the musical voices and a greater sense of spaciousness - all enhance my enjoyment of everything I listen to using the AMP3. Yesterday, I was using the Pro.1 exclusively while recharging the Pro.2. I very much enjoyed my listening using the Pro.1 as I very much have for the six or so weeks that I have owned it. AND, when the Pro.2 was done recharging, I gladly switched to using it, and enjoyed my listening a noticeable and appreciated measure more.

I have some binaural recordings of rain that I purchased from whitenoisemp3s.com. These actually sound noticeably better to me using the Pro.1. The sound of water flowing and splish-sploshing sounds appreciably more convincingly real to me using the Pro.1 than using the Pro.2. For pretty much everything else that I have listened to since Friday, when the Pro.2 arrived, I have a visceral and natural preference for how the Pro.2 portrays it. My listening has been done using my favorite AMP3 phones: either the PAA-1 or Sennheiser MX500 or MX660 earbuds.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #244 of 929
Quote:

How do you think I feel , I ordered my AMP3 Pro2 on october 2nd and im still waitng for it.

Not as bad as anyone who ordered at the end of August? Anyway, you're completely within normal shipping time. In country is about 5-10 business days, and they went out on the 5th.

It's annoying that they started being sold before they were available, but most of us pretty much knew that if we read this thread and wanted it bad enough that we would deal with the unreliability such purchases come with. It's just that now 10-14 days (+ regular shipping time to us) has turned into about 40. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #246 of 929
Quote:

If it's the USPS 10 day service, that's 10 business days.

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #247 of 929
ahh! my AMP3 froze on me while I unplugged the headphone, its been stuck on the screen for hours, and I dont anything small enough to hit the reset

Do I wait for it to run out of juice? Or should I go find a needle?

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #248 of 929
You don't have a pen, pencil or thumbtack? Well, if you don't have either of those, just let it run out of battery... it happened to me once but I had a thumbtack at my disposal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh! my AMP3 froze on me while I unplugged the headphone, its been stuck on the screen for hours, and I dont anything small enough to hit the reset

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #249 of 929
Quote:

Find a needle or a safety pin. Firmware I'm sure in the future will fix these things (at least I hope so) Look at the trouble they are having with the $650.00 HiFiMan801.

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #250 of 929
Quote:

The AMP3 can run for 100 hours on a single charge, so I guess that depends on how long you are willing to wait. If it were me, I'd find a paper clip, or other piece of wire thin enough to fit through the reset button inlet hole.

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #253 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not as bad as anyone who ordered at the end of August? Anyway, you're completely within normal shipping time. In country is about 5-10 business days, and they went out on the 5th.

It's annoying that they started being sold before they were available, but most of us pretty much knew that if we read this thread and wanted it bad enough that we would deal with the unreliability such purchases come with. It's just that now 10-14 days (+ regular shipping time to us) has turned into about 40. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Not if you used Express Mail.

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #254 of 929
Sorry everyone for the shipping issues. Shipping from China was delayed several times and I tried to be upfront that this is a pre-order.

I managed to ship well over 100 packages in 2 days. Being that its me myself and I doing the shipping, it was an all - nighter.

Anyways, there are several issues with customs and slowness with borders, etc. That is out of my hands!! I hope everyone gets what they need shortly. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist!!

Another batch has been ordered. It should be here by next week!

Anyways.....
Thanks,
Craig

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #255 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I managed to ship well over 100 packages in 2 days. Being that its me myself and I doing the shipping, it was an all - nighter.

And we really appreciate it!!!

I know I did. Checked online last Wednesday morning and saw it was out for delivery and even went out to greet the mail lady and get the package myself (I was just about to have to leave for school)! That's just how excited I was
smile_phones.gif

So, in conclusion,

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back