AMP3 in-depth review (long)
Aug 25, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #17 of 152
I am interested the item in the specification: Battery: 1800 MAH Lithium, user replaceable.

100 hours playing time between charging is really most bonus for me for battery is also the most important issue in daily use, especially during the trip.

By the way, could you explain what is the "User replaceable " battery? Does it can be replaced by user? thanks.

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #18 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interested the item in the specification: Battery: 1800 MAH Lithium, user replaceable.

100 hours playing time between charging is really most bonus for me for battery is also the most important issue in daily use, especially during the trip.

By the way, could you explain what is the "User replaceable " battery? Does it can be replaced by user? thanks.

Yes, it can be replaced by the user, should it become necessary. It is not soldered in place, but uses a connector that can easily be pulled apart by hand.

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #20 of 152
I think the class A amplifier circuit design has made a great contribution to the amazing sound quality. Such as the puch bass, timely controlling and warm and detail mids, and smooth highs expanding.

I think the Class A circuit make the AMP3 stand out of others DAPs, HiFLIGHT, do you also think so?

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #21 of 152
I am sure that the Class A circuitry contributes to the excellent sound of the AMP3, but I feel sure that there is also some well-designed signal processing at work also. I have heard some Class A amps that didn't sound so good. The type of biasing used is only a contributing part of the overall circuit design.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #22 of 152
Hi, Hiflight,

Thank you for your informative review. I was convinced by your review and othered headfiers comments on AMP3 and order one. It just arrived and i have a short time listenning. It is really as perfect as your describing. The Piano is really the piano just like what i have listened in the music hall. I really like the texture of the violine.

To be honest, I almost hardly pay attention to the texture of the instruments in my former listening experience with rest DAPs.

I am a new comer. Since the AMP3 can portray so many full micro details of the tunes, I would like to buy some " audiophile" tracks, Would you like to recommend me and other newbies which tracks or albums are worth to buy?

Sorry, it is a hard task for you to answer. You can just list as simple as possible or just list a few. Thank for your time.

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #23 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Hiflight,

Thank you for your informative review. I was convinced by your review and othered headfiers comments on AMP3 and order one. It just arrived and i have a short time listenning. It is really as perfect as your describing. The Piano is really the piano just like what i have listened in the music hall. I really like the texture of the violine.

To be honest, I almost hardly pay attention to the texture of the instruments in my former listening experience with rest DAPs.

I am a new comer. Since the AMP3 can portray so many full micro details of the tunes, I would like to buy some " audiophile" tracks, Would you like to recommend me and other newbies which tracks or albums are worth to buy?

Sorry, it is a hard task for you to answer. You can just list as simple as possible or just list a few. Thank for your time.

If you would like some really great CDs, recorded binaurally, here is a link: THE BINAURAL SOURCE Home Page with Nav. Buttons
I have purchased a number of albums from this source, and they are all superbly mastered. The binaural recordings make you feel that you are actually listening to the music at a live performance.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #25 of 152
could this replace the Fuze + T4 combo in terms of pure SQ? how about portability (weight, convenience, pocketability)? i'm wondering if this could be a better match with the PFE. anyone who wants to share. thanks in advance.

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #26 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrazmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could this replace the Fuze + T4 combo in terms of pure SQ? how about portability (weight, convenience, pocketability)? i'm wondering if this could be a better match with the PFE. anyone who wants to share. thanks in advance.

To me AMP3 sounds better in terms of SQ (soundstage, detail and seperation), also def. much more portable in any ways than the combo you mention. Maybe where there might be an issue for some is at the lower levels that the AMP3 doesn't emphasize or boost the same way as the fuze+T4 with the PFE. But still regarding pure SQ it sounds better with the AMP3 IMP.
PFE is not my preferable choice with the AMP3, but to my ears and the music I listen to it do sound slightly better and is certainly more portable than the Fuze+T4 combo

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #28 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiterknight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: I believe that the AMP3 is maybe the first portable DAP using a designated class A circuit, please correct me if I'm wrong..

I agree with you, The character of Class A circuit is " power hungry". in some of the home amplifiers with class A circuit design, it will consume more than 1000 wat electric power.

But as the portable gears only have a small battery to suplly the power. So how to save the power consumptioin is every audio maker's priority designing task.

So almost no other rest DAP makers dare to apply the class A circuit design even though they know the class A circuit is the best one for compensating the cold and dry digital sound signatuer.

The more amazing, even AMP3 applying the most power consumption circuit, it still can have 100 hours playing time. To my experience, if AMP3 applying class D circuit, it can playing 300 hours!!!!!

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #29 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you buy one of these beasts ?? I can't find a store link anywhere.

Whiplash Audio Dynamics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back