Amp with USB Input
Aug 27, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #16 of 22
That Outlaw came to mind at first, but I knew it was over his budget.

Seems odd that it has only USB and not coax/toslink digital inputs though--do you have any idea why?

Does it look as good in the flesh as the pics do, tru?

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 22
I think it's gorgeous, but y'know, I'm kinda biased. The sound is what I'm most impressed with, though. The "RR" stands for "retro receiver," which from what I understand was Outlaw's way of keeping the whole thing analog/two-channel. I don't think there's a DAC in the thing.

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #19 of 22
Umm, I'm an idiot. As I wrote that I was, like, "I'm about to step in something."
The USB section of the receiver functions as sort of sound card for your PC (bypassing the onboard sound card entirely), so of course there's a DAC. Whoops!!

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #20 of 22
I should add, though, that the RR 2150 inspired me to spend even more money. I went out and got a turntable shortly after I got it. Hadn't owned a deck in 20 years.

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #21 of 22
Mar 7, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm, I'm an idiot. As I wrote that I was, like, "I'm about to step in something."
The USB section of the receiver functions as sort of sound card for your PC (bypassing the onboard sound card entirely), so of course there's a DAC. Whoops!!

Beyond PCs, are there any other sources that would work with an integrated amp with a USB port like the KingRex T20U? Specifically, I'm wondering if a DVD player with USB-out could function like a CD transport by connecting to the KingRex T20U with an USB cable and use its DAC.

JimLG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back