Amp with Presonus Monitor Sation, Apogee Duet Questions for a newbie
Nov 19, 2010 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Nigel27

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys

Great forum, I have a few questions for you and would really appreciate your expertise.

Does anyone on here know much about the Presonus monitor station? There isnt much talk of the monitor station on the net yet so wondering if any of you have come across it. I own the Presonus and basically my question would be how does the built in amps compare to a Graham Slee solo and would it be worth the purchase? (Driving Senny HD600/650s)

I also own the Duet in another setup and am wondering if any other owners on here connect to external amp and how? After researching this forum I gather that it may be bad practise to connect the amp to the headphone out and you should connect to the main out. My dilema is that i have my monitors connected to my main out and would not want to keep unplugging the leads to switch from cans to monitors. There seem to be a lot of EMU 0404 users on here so i am assuming they can keep monitors and headphone amp connected to the main out at the same time as they have 1/8 stereo out as well as the 1/4s? Or do they too have to keep unplugging to go from cans to monitors?

Any help appreciated and if an amp would be worth the purchase for either setup i will be considering the Graham Slee Solo.

Thanks Guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back