Amp to pair up with SE530/UE Triple Fi
Sep 17, 2008 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

dopeboyfresh

100+ Head-Fier
Source will either be an iPod Classic or a Sansa Clip.

I still haven't decided on whether I should get the SE530 or the Triple Fi (they seem to be the 2 best universal IEMs) so maybe the amp synergy or whatever can help me decide.

Also if I buy an amp will I be able to connect it to my computer to help improve the sound?

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 16
My current setup is a RSA Tomahawk with a 5G iPod to my Triple.fi's. I find it sounds really good for what it is, although there is much room for improvement.

You are able to connect from your line out to an amp, but I find the line out quite "dirty" on my MBP.

The best thing to do is get a amp that includes a DAC like the RSA Predator, Headroom Bithead, or a Head amp Pico to name a few.

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 16
Why would you need a dac for an ipod?

I'd recommend an iqube with an LOD with either headphone, personally i use the se530 but i cannot say one is better than the other for i have not heard the triple fi, mainly due to fit issues.

Dave

Sep 17, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dopeboyfresh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to be able to use it with my computer. Are there any specific line out things that help the sound?

If you want amp that can connect to your computer you'll need one with a DAC. For instance you want to listen to the files on your computer through triple.fi's you connect a usb cable going from your computer to your amp/dac, which you plug your headphones into.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myinitialsaredac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you need a dac for an ipod?

You don't, he mentioned he wanted to be able to connect to his computer.

What is you're budget for a amp dopeboy?

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #6 of 16
I'm looking for the most bang-for-the-buck thing that's like a mid range amp but then I figured if I was gonna spend a couple hundred dollars on an amp I may as well go higher.

Is the Predator the best choice for me?

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 16
I've both a Toma and the old Move (the current version is the 2Move and their amp sections are the same). My impressions is that Move sounds better with the TF10 than the Toma.

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #10 of 16
That is a setup I have yet to hear, Hornet and Trips. Hopefully at the upcoming meetup in socal. I think it's hard to go wrong with a RSA amp, especially the Predator from what I hear. But I am biased since my toma is my first and only amp so far. Any one else have any input I wonder if the Pico would be right for him?

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #12 of 16
Would it be better to get a separate DAC and get a portable amp?

If you have a DAC do you just connect it to your computer, plug your headphone in then listen or do you need like an amp as well?

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #13 of 16
The Govibe Petite is quite impressive. I have seen it favorably compared to amps like Pico and Predator. Its available for around 200 and comes with dac. Its excellent with low impedance phones and has 70 hrs of battery life.

Portable Setup: Zen Sleek -- Cardas Mini -- Go-Vibe Petite -- Denon C751
Home Setup: Dell XPS -- MHDT Labs Paradisea+ DAC --Darkvoice THA332 Amp -- ATH W5000/Senn HD595

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #14 of 16
I'm using iQube for my SE530 which sound great for me. Pico is also another good choice if you don't mind the long wait. Triple Fi 10 matches iQube well too.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #15 of 16
im using the Predator with my SE530.
so far so good, i like what i hear.. just that on certain tracks the bass is really a little too much for me..
other than that its great, im enjoying it more as the hours pass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back