Amp suggestions for Beyers DT990 250ohm Premium
Jan 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tirolftw

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fiers, I've been stalking these forums for a long time but decided to buy a decent pair of headphones just now. So I finally feel comfortable posting here.

I've researched a lot about amps for the DT990/250 but can't decide on what to get since my money is limited and I don't live at the US, so trying them and returning is not much of an option. The max I'm willing to spend is $200USD. I don't know much about solid state vs tube amps but read a lot that the DT 990 sound much better with tube amps.

The amps I'm interested so far are the Schiit Magni/Modi combo, the O2, the Little Dot MKIII and the Schiit Valhalla (it kinda streches my budget by a lot but I REALLY like the looks of the schiits), theres the Schiit Asgard too but some people said that it doesnt synergize too well with the DTs.
 Im thinking on buying a pair of HD650s down the road (like 1-2 years from now?) and really insterested in the grado's so an amp that can go well with all of these would be awesome. (Damn why did I enter this kind of hobby).

I don't know if this is relevant but I mainly listen to Post Rock, Classical, Metal, and some Electronic and I game a lot (I like having a nice soundstage for gaming).

And another question is: Are those cheap bravo/indeed chinese single tube amps on ebay any good?

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I've researched a lot about amps for the DT990/250
And another question is: Are those cheap bravo/indeed chinese single tube amps on eBay any good?

Just about an amplifier will work with 250-Ohm headphones.
I've used the Indeed/muse single tube amplifiers, I think they are good, for the price.
There are a few thread on Head-Fi dedicated to these amps. (Indeed, Bravo).
Also the forum on the website Rockgrotto has a few thread on doing mods to these single tube amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back