amp repair, difficult?
Jul 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wadec22

500+ Head-Fier
So I recently purchased a headphone amp from a fellow member and the unit was very slightly damaged in transit.  The unit is a little older and two of the wires connecting to the balanced power supply came un-attached.  Currently I have out three emails to possible companies to repair the amp locally (which the seller has offered to pay for).  However, I'm in Sioux Falls, SD and it doesn't look very promising.  The seller has offered to refund my $ if I ship it back as well.

I've never done any soldering or anything.  How difficult of a task do you think it would be and would you recommend attempting it.  Obviously if I screwed it up, the seller would no longer be taking it back.  I can post a pic but the flash on my phone is making it not turn out so well.  Thoughts?

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Post some pics. Also, go to your local guitar shop and ask for the names of techs who work on guitar amps. They will know at least one and he will be able fix it. You can also contact a local amateur radio club and ask if a member is into DIY. They usually have someone. Anyone who can fix a guitar amp or radio won't have any trouble with your amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back