Amp recommendations pleasee thinking about rsa mustang
Dec 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

blackwolf05

Head-Fier
Hello headfiers, I am new to head-fi but have been loving the sound of music for a while. I currently own a pair of grado sr325 with c-pads and also some triple fi 10s. I drive them with a biosciencegeek cmoy amp but would like to know if buying a more upscale amp would make the difference.

I have heard amazing reviews for the rsa mustang and would appreciate some thoughts on it or suggestions for other amps that would suit my set-up. Thanks and the help is much appreciated.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 5
For Grados my favorite amps are the Mini^3 and the GoVibe Petite. Really good synergy for those two amps. It really powered up the mids and brought the sound to life in an unbelievable way.

I have also tried these two on the TF10 ... result was okay. Nothing great.

Have not heard the Mustang sorry.

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #3 of 5
I can only say that except from the LISA III the P-51 is the best portable amplifier for SR325 I have heard. Specially if you love the dry attack and intimate in-your face forward sound from the 325's, the P-51 will only make those virtues better with the 325.

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 5
rasmushorn,

can't help but notice you have iQube, mustang, lisa and d10. how do you think the D10 stacks up compared to others? (not in terms of ranking but general quality/qualities of D10 compared to others). I've only heard and own the D10 (topkit rolled) and have the BG's ready (470 and 220) to be installed. the problem is I cant install them myself so it will be an extra cost and just wondering if its worth the expense (total expense went up considerably D10 + topkit + BGs + installing fee + ??)..I am happy with the D10 but when you don't know how others sound you do wonder...
thanks in advance!

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks guys for your responses, I had completely forgotten about this thread since nobody had answered. After reading endless reviews, I think the mustang suits my music taste. I had another question, is it worth all of the extra money to recable my grados to make them balanced? Specially now with the whole hype of Ray's protector amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back