Amp recommendations from the Ultrasone team
Jun 18, 2009 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

s_nyc

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Ultra Paul,

I recently purchased a pair of Pro 900 which I am currently burning in.

In the meantime, I'd be most interested in obtaining a few amp suggestions from the Ultrasone crew for the Pro 900 or Ultrasone headphones generally. I know that I can find many recommendations on head-fi but for once wanted to read about your or the Ultrasone members' views on this.

I do not have a budget in mind, but why not making suggestions for the following price ranges to start: up to $250, $250-$500, $500-1000?

If for some reason, you do not wish to recommend certain brands in the name of Ultrasone, feel free to send me an MP.

Thanks!!

S.

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 13
Hello?

(... echo ... echo ...
atsmile.gif
)

Jun 24, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 13
In order not to let people think that the Ultrasone team is not responsive, I am pleased to say that they have sent me a few good recommendations by PM. Thanks again to them.

Cheers,

S.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 13
tell me what they said via pm Im very curious as well, thanks

Sep 22, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ultra Paul,

If for some reason, you do not wish to recommend certain brands in the name of Ultrasone, feel free to send me an MP.

S.

This may be an explanation to it

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #12 of 13
Officially, and unofficially, Ultrasone does not recommend any particular amps for its headphones.

I can truly understand that many here would like to hear what Ultrasone recommends. However, as it has been stated many times throughout this forum, a persons ears, and their respective setups, are individual and unique to that particular persons' tastes.

Listening with headphones is a very unique and personal experience. It is a hobby that a person follows to achieve their own form of perfection that fits their own personal preferences, music tastes, budget, surroundings, etc. One particular amp may go well in a setup with a particlar hedphone, however, he same amp and headphone in a differnt setup may have completely different results.

It would not be fare for any one particular manufacturer to make objective and opinionated reccomendations based on their own listening habits.

Each person is unique, and that's exactly the way we all want to be. Otherwise we'd all be robots listening to the same style of music, through the same setups.
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...It would not be fare for any one particular manufacturer to make objective and opinionated reccomendations based on their own listening habits

Couldn't agree less. We would like to know what Ultrasone considers good pairings. BTW, it's "fair" Paul, not "fare".

I'm glad you sent a PM to one member, so the hell with the rest of us Pro 750 owners, eh?

Just like the old duck-and-weave you did on the pad thickness (no, we didn't forget, Paul).

Here's an IMO: the Pro 750 sounds excellent with the modestly priced SS/tube Hybrid, the EF-1, from Head-Direct.

(Disclosure: I have a small business relationship with a person related to someone who works for Head-Direct, totally unrelated to audio or headphones ... it in no way shapes my opinions).

When Senn introduced the HD 800, they were very open about the amp they used to demo it with.

I see no reason on earth why Ultrasone can't tell us a few of the amps they test their phones with, and which they enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back