Amp recommendation for HE-400s?
Feb 18, 2015 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mr. Morden

Head-Fier
I've decided to get a pair of HE-400s after hearing all the good things about them, I might still end up getting HE-500s or something even better in their lineup but I'll start off with the HE-400s for now. I know these need a pretty good powered amp to drive them, what amps are recommended to drive these? I am not interested in any Schiit amps, did some more research and knowing that Moffat is involved along with the way they present themselves just turned me off ever buying anything from them. It's a shame, because I prefer to buy something American made if possible but I have no interest in buying anything from them at this point.

I was stuck on tubes before, now I realize tubes are inaccurate and color sound more than they should - so probably just go with solid state. Really just curious to see what amps are recommended for these in the $500 +/- price range. I've seen the ODAC 2 and NuForce HA-200 so far as well as the Audio GD NFB-15 as possible options, what else is out there - or how well do those I listed perform on the Hifimans? If I like the HE-400s it's quite possible I'll be buying even nicer ones so something that could manage the better ones as well would be a nice bonus.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 2
Meier Audio Daccord & Corda Classic. They are considered endgame for some but also very good value, I dont know if its too much. But if you know that you are gonna get more headphones later on it's a good investment imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back