Amp recommendation for Bose IEM/ipod classic for motorcycle trip
Aug 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

insous

New Head-Fier
Hello and thanks to all who take the time to read and resond.

My dad and I are taking a motorcycle ride out to Texas next month to see Billy Joe Shaver and I'm looking for an amp solution for my Bose SoundSport IEM's to go with my 160G iPod classic. I've tried a FiiO A1 with my rig at 60 MPH but it's just not loud enough. I've done some research on the forums but then found out that Bose does not release their specs so I'm not sure how to find a matching amp. I've read where some others with a similar rig have tried the FiiO E5, but then again they weren't riding down the road at 75 MPH with a set of Harley pipes on their right and left. And I also hate to throw out $100 on another amp and just hope it works.
What do you think?

Any suggestions you may have are both welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again.

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 10
The problem is the Bose Sound Sport doesn't isolate well. You're going to ruin your hearing from blasting the music at a ridiculously loud level. I would recommend getting a more isolating IEM instead.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #7 of 10
I'm thinking no more than $150 dollars. I like to listen to a lot of country blues acoustic music and a lot of Bebop jazz. Of course I'll be listening to some Billy Joe Shaver along the way as well. I hope that answers your question.

Maybe the RHA MA750/i? Its a more balance (slight v-shaped tilt) than the Bose Sport Sound. Would work well with what you listen to I think. If you want something more similar to the Bose Sport Sound then maybe the Shure SE215/LTD.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #9 of 10
I'm not sure how powerful the iPod classic is but I'd recommend you try seeing if they can get them loud enough first rather than buying an amp immediately. What's more important is getting a proper seal. That way you won't need to listen to music as loudly.

Also, as far as I'm aware there isn't really a modern DAC/Amp that works with the iPod Classic. I don't believe the iPod Classic outputs a proper line out so it won't work as well with a standalone amp.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #10 of 10
Agreed with the above poster that you would be better served by an iem that isolates better than your Bose. I don't know of any but you definitely don't want to be playing music at the same volume of your motorcycle, that's terrible for your hearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back