Amp Pops When Desk Lamp is Turned On
Sep 4, 2013 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xCheckmate

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I have an Aune T1. Just moved into college, and I noticed that everytime I turn on my desk lamp, my amp pops a few times (according to the flickering of the lamp as it turns on). I've googled this problem and it seems like there's no good fix for it, since I can't exactly change too much about the way the outlets in my dorm work. However, I was wondering if this is bad for my amp or headphones in the long run?

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hey guys. I have an Aune T1. Just moved into college, and I noticed that everytime I turn on my desk lamp, my amp pops a few times (according to the flickering of the lamp as it turns on). I've googled this problem and it seems like there's no good fix for it, since I can't exactly change too much about the way the outlets in my dorm work. However, I was wondering if this is bad for my amp or headphones in the long run?

Thanks!

Heya,

Inexpensive voltage regulator might do the trick. Put that on your outlet. Plug the lamp and amp into it.

Very best,

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation. I still haven't gotten one though ><

Anyways, sometimes my amp does this quiet but really annoying clicking sound. It's quite fast and usually only in one ear. Usually it goes away after a while, or after I move the cables around. Any idea what this is? Is my amp damaged in some way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back